Seat Belt by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
My driver’s seat belt is not retracting. The problem is not with the reel itself as this is working very well. The problem is that the belt is being prevented from passing freely through the top B post trim.

I seem to remember either Ben or Dave sorting this out at a Nano many moons ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 25 Oct 2018, 18:02 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mike
Remove the trim and check it as not twisted inside either way you will need to remove the trim to investigate
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Oct 2018, 09:12 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thanks for the reply Steve, I hope it isn't twisted as I have just refitted the trim panels. However I did find on YouTube a film about how to remedy this by completely washing the seat belt. Another job for the New Year.

Posted 20 Nov 2018, 15:38 #3 

Bermudan 75
Arctic wrote:Mike
Remove the trim and check it as not twisted inside either way you will need to remove the trim to investigate

Hi Steve,
Both of my front seat belts are now not retracting. Do I need to remove both trim covers? i.e. top and bottom?

Thanks

Mike

Posted 05 Jul 2022, 16:31 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bermudan 75 wrote:
Arctic wrote:Mike

Hi Steve,
Both of my front seat belts are now not retracting. Do I need to remove both trim covers? i.e. top and bottom?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike they could be just dirty and need wiping down pull them out fully, and wipe clean with a damp rag, then spray them with furniture polish.

Try the above first before taking off the side trim.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jul 2022, 08:48 #5 

Bermudan 75
Thanks for your reply Steve.
I removed both trims on the passenger side and replaced the upper trim with a new one that had been lounging around for quite a while.
B Post upper trims.jpg

Everything behind the trims were as they should be, with the seat belt roller working exceedingly well at the base of the B post.
Near side seat belt roller.jpg

The wire from the seat belt adjuster was all lined up correctly.
B Post upper.jpg

Both seat belts were given a good cleaning with silicone lubricant and all is well again.

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 07 Jul 2022, 09:32 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike.
Excellent work you are ticking all the jobs off one by one :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Jul 2022, 09:19 #7