Scrap drivers seat by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Due to some excessive wear on my drivers seat I have replaced it with one that shows hardly any wear. I have kept the map pocket but was wondering if there is anything else I should salvage as future spare parts? Would it be worth keeping sections of the leather for any future patches?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 11 Aug 2017, 15:27 #1 

Trebor
heated seat pads ? you could be creative with the decent spare leather and maybe cover something else with it as a nice matching touch ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 14 Aug 2017, 08:22 #2 

Bermudan 75
That's an idea Rob about using the spare leather. One thing I will do is solder in extra lengths of the under seat wiring. I did have a two blue wires from the seat frame going to two multicoloured wires, when one of the blue wires became disconnected the airbag dash warning light came on.

Posted 14 Aug 2017, 14:44 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mike you could always make some Rover leather elbow patches for your jumper /coat etc :lol: or and this is real possibility add it to the arm rest if it is not already a leather one.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 17 Aug 2017, 22:50 #4 

Bermudan 75
Has anyone seen those leather pieces for replacing the fabric on the doorcards?

Posted 18 Aug 2017, 18:39 #5