Satnav by Treffenberg (Page 1 of 2)

Treffenberg
Hello!

I just got my new satnav and i am having difficulties in connecting it with the wires from my old radio. Has anyone on the forum done this before?

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 14:30 #1 

Duncan
Well its a bit of a vague question. It would help if you could give some more details. Like what's your new satnav? Low line nav with a symphony, highline bordmonitor, something aftermarket?

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 14:59 #2 

Treffenberg
I bought it from Ebay.co.uk and it is a aftermarket device.
I have attached a photo of it.

Please let me know if i should post any pictures of connections etc.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:06 #3 

Treffenberg
The make is Dynavin NS-E46

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:08 #4 

Duncan
OK. On the connector in your car, Black is ground. Light green / white is the ignition feed, purple / pink is the permanent feed. These need to connect to the inputs of your new radio. The purple yellow will need a 12v feed from your radio to power the cars aerial.

Speakers are the twisted together pairs of wires. BG/BO are RH rear. BP/BU are RH front. BW/BS LH front, BN/BR LH rear.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:23 #5 

Treffenberg
Thank you! I got these two cables, (see attached photo), with the satnav but none of them seems to fit correctly with the cables in my car. Do you know what to do?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:30 #6 

PaulT
There are two different types of connectors in a 75 / ZT the type in your photo and one with round pins which I think are sometimes referred to as BMW connectors.

My 2001 and 2004 had the connectors in the photo I think the BMW ones were earlier.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:34 #7 

PaulT
By the look of the unit it would seem to have mountings for the 75 and BMW.

Have a look at this listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-radi ... 0723901631

Scroll down and are your connectors round pin as per this listing?
Paul

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 15:38 #8 

Treffenberg
PaulT: Yes, one of the connectors is the same as in the link you posted. However, the cables in my Rover 75 do not fit the connector... Do i need an additional "converter" to make it fit?

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 16:59 #9 

Duncan
One of the adaptors in the OPs picture is a BMW round pin and would plug straight into earlier cars. The second one looks a bit like it might plug into the later ISO connectors.

The age of the car, and what radio it has at the moment will help to narrow it down.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:15 #10 

Treffenberg
Duncan: The Car is a year 2000 Rover 75 V6 2.0. I hava attached a picture of the radio that was mounted in the car.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:32 #11 

Duncan
OK, that's a Symphony. At that year it will have an adaptor harness that you can remove and plug in one of the adaptors in your picture. In the back of your old radio are ISO connectors. Unplug them and follow the wires down behind the heating controls and switches. You may need to remove the heater controls to do this. Somewhere, buried, will be another big square plug which is what people call the BMW connector. Undo this (theres a part that slides sideways) and you should find one part that looks just like an adaptor you have. Plug your adaptor in and away you go.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:37 #12 

Treffenberg
This is what the socket looks like on the back of the old radio.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:38 #13 

Treffenberg
Duncan: I will check the plug you mentioned! Thank you VERY much for taking your time with this!

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:39 #14 

Duncan
Yep, those are ISO plugs. Follow the wires like I said, and you should find the round pin BMW one. You may think its not there, but it will be somewhere, I'm pretty sure.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:40 #15 

PaulT
Duncan, from the earlier photo of the connectors provided shouldn't the one of the left be the correct one and the connectors unplugged from the Symphony should plug straight into the left connector and the other end in to the sat nav?
Paul

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 17:46 #16 

Duncan
Maybe PaulT. I'm not entirely sure that they are ISOs. But since the early cars used adaptor harnesses for the Symphony I would go that way.

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 18:00 #17 

Treffenberg
Duncan: Should i look for just for a single plug or a whole harness with a plug?

Posted 06 Feb 2015, 18:02 #18 

Duncan
It will be one plug with many wires, plugged into another with many wires.. One half will look like the adaptor you have already, the one with round pins.

Posted 07 Feb 2015, 19:36 #19 

Treffenberg
Perfect!

Posted 08 Feb 2015, 08:55 #20