Sat nav unit dead-ish by vitesse v8

vitesse v8
Can my daughter replace her Highline apparently spiked Satnav unit with a bmw mk4 unit? Looking at this on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-Mk4-Sat-N ... 500wt_1350.
Tried drying, cleaning present unit but no joy, or anyone got a working highline satnav unit for sale?

Regards

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 20:34 #1 

JakeWilson
Yep it's a plug and play unit, fantastic upgrade that really brings the sat nav system up to date!

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 20:58 #2 

kandyman
It's a nice upgrade,

You might like to look at getting a widescreen head unit and a BM24 radio unit, both nice upgrade to do.

I think Jake above has a few nice items to sell cheap at the moment ;)

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 21:05 #3 

vitesse v8
OK thanks for the replies guys, I've mailed the seller as he only states post to UK but I live in Sweden. Really no more trouble than sticking on a few more stamps and I pay for those.
And yes I've noticed Jake's desirable toys...just need to fix the satnav unit first as I didn't see one in his post. And then see how much is left in my wallet. Normal procedure daughter needs and father pays!
Regards

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 21:42 #4 

vitesse v8
Update from yesterday...
Received following reply from seller: I'm very sorry but no over seas bids. Nothing personal.

Plan B then: post to brother in Plymouth but this will mean double postage costs and lower the amount I'm willing to bid. Just have to wait and see. Not easy looking after 75s when you live abroad!

Regards

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 09:59 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
£17.00 for UK postage? Am I missing something here?

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 10:08 #6 

Duncan
You could ask if he would allow collection. It's very close to me. Then only one postage, and not £17 for UK either.

Some people don't like paypal payment then collection, though.

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 13:31 #7 

vitesse v8
Yes Mick thought £17 a bit steep too but know the post office have recently raised their rates...

Duncan: Many thanks most generous, I might well take you up on your offer, we'll see what the seller says about collection.

Regards

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 15:16 #8 

vitesse v8
An update - unit went for just under £200 (197 methinks) and I got cold feet towards the end. Unseen & no returns - seemed too much of a gamble. But thanks for the advice & kind offer of collection. Daughter will just have to keep using her iPhone gps until I can find perhaps a replacement oem drive.

Regards

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 18:57 #9