Sandstone Seat Belt shoulder pads by Trebor

Trebor
A while back swmbo persuaded me to fit some seat belt shoulder pads because she said the seat belts cut into her, so rather than fit one just on the passenger side i fitted the pair, which were black material type - not everyones cup of tea i know

They have now seen better days and needed replacing so i saw some leather look ones on e bay for less than a tenner delivered from outside the UK , they were black too, so i e mailed him and asked if he did Sandstone, to my surprise he did, so i ordered some, but the match was not good as below

However with a bit of careful staining using the proper sandstone dye and a small paintbrush they now look a perfect match, the dye has a matt finish but a spritz of lacquer later they now have a sheen

matt finish

gloss finish

and fitted

the gloss finish is not as shiny as it looks it got caught in the camera flash
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:29 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Blimey Rob, they're nice! Nice job on the dye!!

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:30 #2 

Bermudan 75
Nice job Rob, have a good time in Wales on your hol.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:31 #3 

MrB
Good work on those Rob.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 20:42 #4 

JohnDotCom
Looking good Rob.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:51 #5 

baggie9
Looks a real profesional job .Well done Rob.

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 22:59 #6 

Chartermark
What a brilliant job Rob, were they from Australia? The guy on Ebay from there, also does some nifty looking ones in light grey that would match my interior.

My black ones are ready for a change after 4 years.

Martin

Martin75 (on other site) (Jetchrome 18's)

Posted 10 Jun 2010, 23:38 #7 

Trebor
no they were from Bulgaria link below, if anyone buys any send him a message and ask for the sandstone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-2-Black-Lea ... 3ca6cd73e1
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Jun 2010, 07:16 #8