Samsung S3 by kandyman

kandyman
I brought a new phone today,

I got the the Samsung S3 today, I still have my iPhone 4 that I have to get the power button fixed then I can sell it on and I still have my works iPhone 4 so I'm still a apple man :)

The S3 is a nice phone and looks really good but it's going to take me a while to get use to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 17:23 #1 

calibrax
Nice move. Much better phone than the iPhone, in my opinion. I've come to the conclusion that Samsung make the best phones and Apple make the best tablets. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note and an iPad 3.
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 17:55 #2 

Clifford
I switched to an android phone earlier this week too (a Motorola RAZR Maxx), I'd had my iPhone 3GS for 3 years! It's made worse me switching to Android because I actually work for Apple lol!
I've found they each do things well, for my usage Apple is definitely still better for media integration and management but also e-mail surprisingly. I'm very impressed with android though too. Like you said I think it just takes some getting used to. What struck me most were the similarities between the two platforms tbh!!

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 19:53 #3 

kandyman
I have the Samsung S3 iPad 1 and 2 and 2 iPhones 4 and the Deb's got a iPhone 4s and Georgia's got a blackberry and iPod touch so were all appled out in our house ;)

You'll have to give me some S3 tips ;)

Posted 06 Oct 2012, 07:34 #4 

kandyman
Well I ha've had the phone for a few days now and I'm getting on fine with it, so far I ha've managed to get all the apps I use on the android market and k have even managed to get my music of iTunes on to the Samsung.

Only thing I do miss so far is the mute button that was on the side of the iPhone's , but I'm sure I'll find a app-widget to fix that.

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 16:11 #5 

Dave
If it's like the Note (which I have) which is like the S2 (which Gill has) if you press and hold the power button at top right, then there's a "Silent Mode" option, which could be what you need?

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 16:20 #6 

kandyman
Dave wrote:If it's like the Note (which I have) which is like the S2 (which Gill has) if you press and hold the power button at top right, then there's a "Silent Mode" option, which could be what you need?

Thanks for that, you learn something new each time you palsy about :)

On the S3 I just havevto press and hold the power button and it gvies me that option.

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 16:28 #7