Saloon Rear Light Seals by Roverite

Roverite
On the 'other' side is a post from JEZZER 1, regarding the re-manufacture of the troublesome rear light seals for the R40 saloon cars (not Tourers). They are currently being made and use a non-absorbent rubber, in a one piece stamping (no join as in OE versions). They are expected to cost £10 a pair + £2.50 PP. If interested, you can add your name to the list.

Roverite.

Posted 07 Apr 2013, 10:12 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Seems an expensive way to repair the leaking seals, in my case, cost zero pence and no further trouble for 8.5 years. I do suppose if they are are damaged beyond the usual simple clean and glue repair then replacement is the only answer.

Posted 07 Apr 2013, 10:21 #2 

kandyman
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't mind a set for my spares shed.

If someone would like to add my name over there for a set I would be most grateful as I cant post over there.

Cheers

Posted 07 Apr 2013, 13:46 #3 

Roverite
kandyman wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't mind a set for my spares shed.

If someone would like to add my name over there for a set I would be most grateful as I cant post over there.

Cheers

I have ordered a set for you under my name; I will PM you when they arrive. Remind me if I haven't got in touch in a few weeks time.

Roverite.

Posted 07 Apr 2013, 15:27 #4 

kandyman
Roverite wrote:
kandyman wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't mind a set for my spares shed.

Cheers

I have ordered a set for you under my name; I will PM you when they arrive. Remind me if I haven't got in touch in a few weeks time.

Roverite.

Very kind of you.

Thanks

Posted 07 Apr 2013, 17:24 #5 

Roverite
kandyman wrote:
Roverite wrote:

Cheers

Roverite.

Very kind of you.

Thanks

They are now ready to send out. I have asked Jezzer if he, or a mate, are going to Cosford; in which case I can pick them up there. I am waiting for a reply and will let you know.

Roverite.

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 07:55 #6 

kandyman
Thanks for the update.

Posted 12 Apr 2013, 12:21 #7 

Roverite
kandyman wrote:Thanks for the update.

I couldn't get them at Cosford, so I have just Pay-pal'd the money to Jezzer. As soon as they arrive, I will PM/E-mail you.

Roverite.

Posted 15 Apr 2013, 14:20 #8 

kandyman
Thanks,

Just drop me a pm with the payment details when you need the money.

Thanks

Posted 15 Apr 2013, 20:06 #9 

Roverite
kandyman wrote:Thanks,

Just drop me a pm with the payment details when you need the money.

Thanks

PM on the way.

Roverite.

Posted 17 Apr 2013, 13:09 #10 

kandyman
Picked them up today,

Many thanks for helping out across the forums.

I'll drop over the payment later this evening when on a PC.

Many thanks

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 15:49 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
great when a plan comes together and we can all help each other :thumbsup: the fix is real easy but it just had to be done :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 20:39 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
Colin
a little link i think you were looking for ready for the nano meet :thumbsup:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... ght=covers
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Apr 2013, 20:35 #13