Safari Issues in Mac OS X Lion by SpongeBob

SpongeBob
For anybody out there who has upgraded to the latest Mac OS version, Lion - is anybody having issues with Safari?

I'm using Firefox at the moment which works fine but Safari fails to load pages, sometimes just loading a partial amount of the page or just getting stuck trying to load stuff but failing. No error messages just a constant spinning icon in the tab telling me the page is loading (but isn't).

Reports from the web seem to infer I'm not the only one - I've reset Safari, restarted my Mac, even switched my WiFi off and then on again as reported by one 'fix' but nothing :(

So.... can anyone help?

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 21:38 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Working fine here so far Simon.
Pity about Rosetta. :( I'll have to use another machine for Powermac apps. For the moment.

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 23:12 #2 

Ragman
Must admit I decided to wait a few days before upgrading to Lion - just in case of such issues

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 23:29 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'd delete it and all associated files, keep your bookmarks of course. Then download a new copy.

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 23:32 #4 

SpongeBob
Well, as strange as it occurred it has now fixed itself :confused:

It's all now working and loading sites/pages perfectly well (fingers crossed :? ) :)

Posted 21 Jul 2011, 18:05 #5 

Jürgen
SpongeBob wrote:Well, as strange as it occurred it has now fixed itself :confused:

What have you done? :mad1: Now my Safari is playing up! :hissyfit: ......... ;)

I'm used to scroll with the mouse wheel. But now there's a big delay or nothing happening at all. :(
BTW it's Safari 5.1 and Windows 7, while Firefox 3.6.18 and Internet Explorer 9 do behave. Weird ... :confused:

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 15:08 #6 

SpongeBob
Not sure about that one Jürgen :confused:

Is there a new option anywhere within Safari's preferences that relates to scrolling? In the new version of Mac OS X Apple has changed scrolling behaviour so maybe some of that has been ported over to the Windows version?

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 19:44 #7 

Jürgen
Thanks Simon. I found nothing to set within the preferences of Safari. But there's an option within the mouse driver software, where Safari can be added to a list. So if someone else should have this issue:

Mouse properties => Wheel => Identify programs that don't scroll correctly ...

Now I can scroll again, although it isn't as smooth as within the former version of Safari. :)

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 23:04 #8