Rustmaster and Executive Valeting by Brigus

Brigus
As promised (sorry, yes... a while ago for anyone who remembers :em: ) here are some photos from my visit to Rustmaster.

I had decided more than a year ago that I wanted to have roof-proofing done. I came across Rustmaster’s advert on the forums and was impressed. Now, I’m always up for a road trip, but Aberdeen to Hertfordshire seemed a bit far just to get some work done on the car, so I continued searching for something closer. I soon found (as the advert states) Rustmaster is the only one in the UK with the licence and training to work with the professional/ commercial grade Waxoyl products.

Rustmaster it had to be, so when we finally had a week available for a little holiday... well, I already had the destination in mind. We were lucky to have great weather for it too—even crossing the Pennines (which is rare so I'm told!)

First, I contacted Michael over the phone. He explained the process. It’s a big job, beginning with a thorough power wash and then the treatment. I didn’t stay to watch the process (that would not have gone over well with the wife while on our holiday) so Michael loaned us a car and we enjoyed a day out in atmospheric St Albans.

The technology includes a corrosion inhibiter, the physical barrier itself and properties that remove moisture from confined spaces while it sets (for a better explanation see: http://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=463 or http://www.rustmaster.co.uk/index_26.htm).

Work has been so busy since the trip that I’ve hardly had time to take the 75 out. I have a second car for the commute, allowing me the luxury of keeping my 75 as a weekend car—this past weekend I finally got her out for a nice run after she had sat for three weeks. I also finally got around to downloading these pics off my camera :em:

Rustmaster visit 1.JPG

Rustmaster visit 2.JPG

A seamless protective coating. Some very welcome peace of mind with the gritters out already last week.

I don’t know how much Michael is aware of the split between old and new 75&ZT forums, but in any case, he knows Andy’s (Kandyman’s) name and was happy to honour the 15% discount Kandyman negotiated. (This is more than what is advertised on the old site—so if you go for it be sure to ask for the 15%.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 02:08 #1 

Brigus
As I say - I do like a road trip. Apparently even Aberdeen to Hertfordshire wasn’t far enough for me, as I found myself making the Dartford crossing to visit Andy (aka Aurora MG) of Executive Valeting to get my engine bay cleaned.

This was another longstanding item on my to-do list. It was pretty dusty (sandy) in no small part thanks to the granite quarry just upwind from where I live. As you can see—a dramatic improvement:

Engine bay clean before.JPG

Engine bay clean after.JPG

Now that the hard part has been done, the prospect of keeping it clean seems much less daunting :thumbsup:

It is important to run the engine for a while after cleaning to evaporate any remaining water. I had about a half-hour run to get back to our hotel in St Albans, by which time she was purring (as they say—a clean car runs better!)

Unfortunately, on our last day of driving (and only 30 miles from home) a tractor with an open trailer decided to dump grain all over my car as I overtook it on the motorway. Caused me a bit of a shock let me tell you. The only immediate damage was a few minor chips, but these irritating little grains got into everything, including my plenums. I have kept an eye on the plenums since, only to find some of them sprouting—yes, that’s right, I am growing a crop of whatever it is in my plenums...

But, I don’t want to end on a downer – so...
Here’s a photo from in front of the Sibson Inn, on our way back. It was getting late and the weather had turned nasty when we stumbled upon this place. I quickly discovered the aptly named Summer Storm real ale at the bar... luckily we also discovered that they had a room available.

Sibson Inn 2010.JPG

Now... what's my next excuse for a roadtrip?!? (Actually there is a Scottish meet this weekend - perfect!)

Cheers,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 02:19 #2 

Last edited by Brigus on 18 Nov 2010, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

kandyman
Good to see you had the work done at last and glad to hear that our discount is still still going strong :)

If i knew you was going to visit Executive Valeting i would of tried to get some time off and came over for a tea and a chat.

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 17:45 #3 

Aurora MG
kandyman wrote:Good to see you had the work done at last and glad to hear that our discount is still still going strong :)

If i knew you was going to visit Executive Valeting i would of tried to get some time off and came over for a tea and a chat.

You would have had to ask Claire if she didn't mind putting the kettle on lol.

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 18:20 #4 

Brigus
kandyman wrote:Good to see you had the work done at last and glad to hear that our discount is still still going strong :)

Yes - it's good to have had that sorted before winter closes in! I didn't know you were based near Gillingham - it's likely to be a while before I get that far south again but maybe I'll catch you at a meet somewhere in between sometime.

Cheers

Posted 18 Nov 2010, 01:41 #5 

Brigus
Aurora MG wrote:

You would have had to ask Claire if she didn't mind putting the kettle on lol.

Hello again! I see you have a slightly different name over here (I think I'll edit my second post just to be consistent)

Nice to have met you - perhaps catch you again at a meet sometime as well.

Cheers

Posted 18 Nov 2010, 01:49 #6