Roverish T4ish!! maybe by ceedy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

ceedy
Been in comms with a seller about this ..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121443201872

Been told it only a diagnostic tool , But the seller says its much more ?? , comms has been tricky ( german/english) :-? and I'm waiting on a reply to my last message.

But does anynoe recognise it ?? and it capabilities ;)

Ta
C
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 11:28 #1 

Bernard
I don't know which Rover specific functions it is capable of but I have the identical looking Land Rover version of this same bit of kit and it copes with the Suspension, Auto gearbox and other LR specifics. It is no way a substitute for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System), however it is a good quality scanner and very useful on LR vehicles.
It's made me question myself into why I haven't bought the Rover specific module for mine though I did have a Sykes Pickavant Rover capable scanner until someone nicked it.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 12:55 #2 

PaulT
Ceedy you can always use the Google translation tool whch can make life a little easier.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 13:40 #3 

Duncan
It looks like the mini handheld scanner, that sometimes goes with the T4. It can read and clear fault codes, but not doo all of the recoding and other stuff. It might be able to do things like resetting service indicators, but I don't know. Its by Omitec, so for sure the same people who do make T4 or at least until they were bought by VDO.

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 17:24 #4 

ceedy
PaulT wrote:Ceedy you can always use the Google translation tool whch can make life a little easier.

I did but still got funny answers back :lol:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 22:08 #5 

ceedy
Thats what I said to the seller ,, it might only do diags and code clearance, and hes says .. no its much more than that, but still waiting for the clarification ?? :roll:

C.

Duncan wrote:It looks like the mini handheld scanner, that sometimes goes with the T4. It can read and clear fault codes, but not doo all of the recoding and other stuff. It might be able to do things like resetting service indicators, but I don't know. Its by Omitec, so for sure the same people who do make T4 or at least until they were bought by VDO.

Posted 13 Oct 2014, 22:11 #6 

pscan.eu
(Trader)
My diagnostic tool is much cheaper. It probably doesn't do as many things, but we have plans to keep improving the tool.

Philip, pscan.eu LTD

Posted 05 Dec 2014, 22:45 #7