Rover Rons Synergy2 by shy talk

shy talk
Is there anyone in the, Southport,Ormskirk,Skelmersdale,Wigan,areas who can help me to fit a Synergy2 unit to my Rover75 cdt. I have all the necessary tools, but I am unable to get the connections apart. I do not want to put too much pressure on these connections,as this may break them. Thankyou in anticipation. shy talk.

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 14:30 #1 

Justin
Hi,

Im not local but if your having a problem with a particular part I may be able to advise. The existing fuel rail pressor sensor plug should just unclip (you will need to depress the clip on top first) and the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) plug just comes off with no clips ect, but you will need to remove the air cleaner cover to get access to it, Ron used to supply a longer allen key that makes undoing the rear bolt on this much easier.

Other tip is to route the Synergy wire that goes to the MAF away from the injectors.

Justin

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 15:44 #2 

Duncan
Sometimes those sealed connectors can be a pig.

I find that it often eases it, if you push in and hold in the connector slightly before trying to release the little latch jobbie.

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 19:35 #3 

Bermudan 75
shy talk wrote:Is there anyone in the, Southport,Ormskirk,Skelmersdale,Wigan,areas who can help me to fit a Synergy2 unit to my Rover75 cdt. I have all the necessary tools, but I am unable to get the connections apart. I do not want to put too much pressure on these connections,as this may break them. Thankyou in anticipation. shy talk.

If you like I could meet up with you near the East Lancs Road / M6 junction and give you a hand to fit the Synergy2, Monday would be best for me. :cheers:

Mike

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 08:02 #4 

shy talk
I have managed to fit the Synergy 2 this morning (Saturday). I was trying to seperate the connectors for several hours yesterday, (Friday 30th July). I finally gave up at 9-20pm last night, thoroughly p****d off. This morning I decided to try Duncans tip, push in and hold connector, depressed the latch and the connector came apart so easily Thanks Duncan, excellent tip, I would also like to thank Rover 418275 for his offer of help, this really is much appreciated. I would have taken you up on your offer if I had not been able to seperate the connectors, thankyou to all who offered advice. Shy Talk

Posted 31 Jul 2010, 10:20 #5