Rover 75 seat colours- help please by spy45

spy45
As a 'spy' owning a 45, I log on here as there is always something interesting. Why, cos our 45 boasts a V6 engine. Now, I am 6ft and my Wife is 5ft and when we swop drivers it is a palaver. She has the seat set high and close to the steering wheel, I have to have the seat low and away from the steering wheel As I am told the seats in our 45 are the same as the 75 I thought I might try something to make life a little easier and install a set of 'electrics'. I altered the passenger seat some time back to make it rise and fall but the seat frame seems to be different to that illustrated on Rimmers 75 seat parts list. So it might have to be a complete seat transplant. I understand that the seat runners on the 75 are 4cms narrower than the 45, no prob but what I need to ask does anybody know the colour of 75 leather seats closest to the Smokestone ( a type of grey) on the 45. The nearest colour it seems on the 75 might be Dove grey. Any knowledge of Dove grey? PLEASE cos if I can't get a close match to the colour I will have to fit the 45 covers on the 75 frames.A sucker for work!!!! Thanks for at least reading it

Posted 04 Jun 2014, 10:57 #1 

Duncan
Well, smokestone is a 75 colour for some trim parts. Not sure if its for seat leather, though. In the 75, the grey for the hide was usually much darker that the rest, almost black.

Posted 05 Jun 2014, 18:19 #2 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 07:20 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 08:50 #4 

spy45
thanks for the suggestions but not wishing to upset you guys, I conned my Wife into looking a 75 estate. Colour OK BUT it was a year older and had 102,000 miles on the clock. Our 2003 has just done 82.000 miles. Belts just done and all the no no's on the V6 Ok. Well the 75 on looking was rough. the 2.5 engine was so sluggish and the auto box well everything it shouldn't be. Asking price £2,250 yes. When I asked about the belts, blank look. Checked all the so called service history found belts done 50,000 no trace of auto box oil change and when I told the 'chap' at the price he was asking I would expect the belts to be done and the autobox oil changed. Here is the answer. Well pay us £250 on top of the price and we will do the belts and change the oil!!!!! You try and get my other half to consider a 75 now.So my question still stands about the interrior colours.

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 15:32 #5 

Duncan
Shame really. The sluggish engine was probably due to VIS (Variable Intake System) motor problems, but also the 75s actually fool you into thinking you are going slower than you are. OK they are heavier so yes more to push around, but still pretty good if pushed.

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 17:07 #6 

PaulT
Yes, but buy a diesel 75 - no engine problems.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Jun 2014, 19:06 #7