Rover 75 Crash Test by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi forgive me if this as been posted before but it looks like we have a very safe car in the 75 if it was ever in a crash and even better if you have side inpact air bags
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzP0lCh ... re=related
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 21:37 #1 

Jürgen
Yes, the 75 / ZT is quite safe. For details have a look over here:
http://euroncap.com/tests/rover_75_2001/91.aspx

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 22:05 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Thanks for that, and nice to know i have the side head air bags,
Side impact
No points were lost in the side impact performance. However Rover provides an optional head-protecting side airbag that, if fitted, takes the rating close to five stars. Rover paid for a pole test to be conducted. The car passed, confirming that the head-protecting airbag performs well.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 22:51 #3 

Last edited by Arctic on 03 Jun 2011, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
If the curtain air bags had been left as standard then the rating would have been 5 stars at the time,
But it was made a option and so dropped to 4.
Strange move.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jun 2011, 08:20 #4 

kandyman
I believe it was BMW that didn't want the 75/ZT to have a 5 star rating as it would of made them equal or better than the BMW.

Posted 02 Jun 2011, 17:42 #5 

raistlin
I know from experience how safe the 75 is. I survived a t-bone crash to the passenger side in my previous 75 and one of the police officers in attendance suggested that in a different car I'd have been in a serious mess. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Jun 2011, 19:51 #6 

PaulT
kandyman wrote:I believe it was BMW that didn't want the 75/ZT to have a 5 star rating as it would of made them equal or better than the BMW.

Surely not!

I will admit that when BMW bought Rover I thought it would be of great benefit and give Rover access to a Worldwide network........perhaps BMW suddenly realised they had a monster on their hands.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Jun 2011, 16:39 #7