Rover 75 CDTI Diesel by barrynash

barrynash
Problems with heater, which I believe is a common problem with thermostat sticking - Although I can have old thermostat replaced, I believe it is not an easy job (around 3 hours labour cost) - I believe there is an interim solution 'inline stat' that can be cut into the main water pipe and takes around 20 mins to fit - Can someone please confirm if this is a practical long term fix and where can I purchase this part! Barry

Posted 07 Feb 2015, 13:46 #1 

Last edited by barrynash on 09 Feb 2015, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
This should tell you all you need to know.

thermostat-replacement-t2877.html

Posted 07 Feb 2015, 14:09 #2 

Trebor
I've used the Meziere more expensive solution but temp gauge now gets to 100 which was unheard of before, do you know how to check the actual temperature your car is achieving via the on board diagnostics ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Feb 2015, 20:27 #3 

Tootall
Just done my first long run with the new in-hose stat fitted, home to Portsmouth temp gauge sat just under halfway and the onboard diagnostics was showing a constant 87-92 deg's.I fitted a 88 deg stat so it seems to be doing it's job.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 08 Feb 2015, 17:10 #4 

barrynash
Where can I purchase the in-hose stat and how much is part?

Posted 09 Feb 2015, 14:53 #5 

barrynash
Trebor wrote:I've used the Meziere more expensive solution but temp gauge now gets to 100 which was unheard of before, do you know how to check the actual temperature your car is achieving via the on board diagnostics ?
- Where can I purchase the in-hose stat and how much is part?

Posted 09 Feb 2015, 14:54 #6