Rover 75 2.0 CDTi 2004 Central Locking Fault by greenymick123

greenymick123
Hi folks, I am a newbie to this forum, I am looking for some help in attempting to ascertain a fault with my Rover 75, the central locking does not activate with either of the key fobs, I can lock the car from inside via the centre console button, then i have to open the drivers door then lock with the key, this does not activate the Alarm/Immobiliser though, when i return to the car i have to turn the key in the lock twice to open all doors, please if anyone has any info in sorting this, i would be most grateful, thanks.

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 17:16 #1 

Duncan
First thing to check, which you have probably done, is the battery in the fob. There can also be problems with the little switches inside the fobs, but for all four switches to fail is unusual.

I assume when you press the buttons, you don't get the hazard lights flashing on the car, either? Did it used to work and has suddenly stopped? On older models, you have to be quite close to the car as the receiver was mounted in the centre console. On later ones, it moves up to behind the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)). This receiver, may also be your problem.

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 17:47 #2 

greenymick123
No Hazard Lights Flash, i have just bought the Car, had it back to where i bought it (Garage) and they were stumped, so i don`t know how long it is since all operated, the fobs (both) led does illuminate when pressed.

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 17:55 #3 

Duncan
OK, so that eliminates a few things. The batteries and switches will be OK.

The problem is either with the receiver (or associated wiring and fuses) or the fobs are out of sync or aren't matched to the car.

You could try a resync first. Make sure the car is unlocked, then press the lock button at least four times. If this is the problem, the car will resync, and lock the car.

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 18:12 #4 

greenymick123
Thanks for that,been there and didn`t work....

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 18:17 #5 

Duncan
What age is the car, please? It will help to check the right fuses.

Posted 08 Feb 2014, 18:31 #6 

greenymick123
2004 mate, thanks..

Posted 09 Feb 2014, 22:10 #7 

Last bumped by greenymick123 on 09 Feb 2014, 22:10.