RIP Peter Falk by kandyman

kandyman
Peter Falk, the American actor most famous for his role as TV's scruffy detective, Columbo, has died at the age of 83.

The actor died peacefully at home in Beverly Hills on Thursday night, his family said in a statement.

He had been suffering from dementia for a number of years.

Peter Falk won four Emmys for his cigar-chomping role as the deceptively bumbling Columbo, and was nominated for Oscars in 1960 and 1961.

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 20:05 #1 

SpongeBob
I remember him playing Columbo when I were younger. I liked watching his shows. A truly memorable character.

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 20:06 #2 

Duncan
Just one more question.......

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 20:42 #3 

zojosc
Duncan wrote:Just one more question.......

Damn.......just as I though I had got away with it!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 24 Jun 2011, 20:49 #4 

takestock
Sad to read that in later years he had no memory of playing columbo :( how cruel a condition is that :( :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 12:39 #5 

JohnDotCom
RIP.

It is indeed a sad condition, Dodos Dad has this quite bad now and she gets very upset as he has no idea who she is even after telling him many times.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Jun 2011, 14:37 #6 

Jürgen
R.I.P.

He has been one of the really great actors.

:(

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 11:13 #7 

zojosc
I prefered Simon Templar, much more British and befitting a gentlemans club, not to mention the Volvo and the Jag in the Return Of.......tell me you did'nt want to be that guy!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 26 Jun 2011, 11:40 #8