Rimmer Bros. Visit by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
This afternoon Jürgen and I went up to Rimmers in Lincoln.
Met up with Andrew Mundy (I think that's the correct spelling) and were given the grand tour, we were amazed at how extensive the site is and the amount of new and some used stock held, a very informative and useful trip. Thanks Andrew. :)
Mark, one of the MGR sales people sorted out the correct OEM back box for my 180, I'm now a fair bit poorer. ;) Thanks Mark for the excellent help and service.

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 19:12 #1 

starbug2
i've driven past them in my lorry

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 19:21 #2 

Alan
Me and Jake are regular visitors to Rimmers and we both agree that Mark is definitely one of the most useful and nicest parts salesmen we've encountered. One word of warning for anyone planning a trip though is go armed with a part number, otherwise you can be in there for an age as even the staff can't get to grips with their website sometimes

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:39 #3 

kandyman
Sounds like a fun afternoon.

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 22:27 #4 

Roverite
Mick, what is the parts situation looking like? I think that as our cars get older, X-part and others will be cutting back on the slower moving stuff.

Roverite.

Posted 20 Apr 2013, 14:30 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rimmers are increasing capacity in a big way and are fully supporting parts for our cars, much of Xpart stock is finding it's way onto the shelves and Rimmers also deal with some of the manufacturers directly. I can't see anything to worry about for some years yet. In my view, by the time parts become unavailable from the original manufacturers, others will step in. In much the same way as Triumph for example is supported.
Not forgetting, small hard to get parts being re-manufactured with the help of Trebor and like minded people.
There are also hundreds of thousands of 75s on the worlds roads, as long people are willing to keep them on the road, suppliers will keep supplying either new or used/refurbished or pattern parts.

Posted 20 Apr 2013, 14:59 #6 

Roverite
Mick, thanks for that, it is quite reassuring. I agree that we owe a lot to individuals who not only arrange re-production, but also with improved materials and design. All good stuff.
I find Rimmers service excellent; better and quicker than if I had an MGR dealer down the road, which I haven't.

Probably, most of our members use the on-line Rimmers parts list, as I do. I also print off the relevant pages to keep in a binder for easy reference; the exploded diagrams are worth having on their own, offering an easy way to see how something comes apart and hopefully, back together again.

Roverite.

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 08:20 #7