Reversing lights by Borg Warner

Borg Warner
The reversing lights on the ZT have become intermittent. When they work the both work, when they don't neither do. No warning light on the dash (not sure if it would anyway). Has anyone suffered anything similar? I'm thinking the switch but not sure where it is and how easy it is to get to. Have got the builders in at present so near impossible to look at it, plus I'm working all hours God sends.

Regards

Gary M

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 12:36 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Edit:- incorrect info deleted.

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 13:51 #2 

Borg Warner
Seems a strange place to have the reverse light switch on the pedal box Mick?

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:17 #3 

paul d
Sorry to say Mick but you've got yourself confused i think.

The reverse light switch is on the side of the gearbox, best way is near side wheel off(cant remember if you have to remove arch liner) & you should have access. You could try a squirt of contact cleaner on the plug & switch to see if it helps before buying one.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:38 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Quite right too. I got that info from a .org post I was reading relating to Cruise Control, swapped brakes for reversing in my head. Serves me right for not cross checking our own Know How section.

This Know How by Greeners is accurate. Sorry about that.
reverse-light-switch-replace.html

I'll remove content of my post above so as not to confuse others.

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:44 #5 

Borg Warner
That's what I thought Paul. Just checked Rimmers and they're about a £10 plus, so might just go for it.

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:46 #6 

Borg Warner
Thanks for the link Mick.

Gary M.

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:48 #7 

paul d
Borg Warner wrote:That's what I thought Paul. Just checked Rimmers and they're about a £10 plus, so might just go for it.

Seems like a plan.! Hard to belive that Rimmers sell something less than £50 lol...!!!!

Regards

Paul

Posted 11 Nov 2013, 15:52 #8