remote fob/alarm problem by Trebor (Page 3 of 3)

kandyman
Good luck guys,

Nice to see people willing to give up there time to help someone even Rob ;)

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 10:54 #41 

Trebor
yes even me Andy, quite remarkable, merry xmas lol
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 12:18 #42 

Bernard
Trebor wrote:yes even me Andy, quite remarkable, merry xmas lol

So, how did it go?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 17:40 #43 

Duncan
Well we found a bit of green in the door connector and some terminals had seen better days, so we replaced them.

Problem is the car was working OK when it arrived so difficult to tell if that was the real root of the problem. That's always the problem with intermittent faults.

Even in the garage it was a tad cold, just seen -9 on the way home!

Was good to meet up anyway.

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 18:27 #44 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Well we found a bit of green in the door connector and some terminals had seen better days, so we replaced them.

Problem is the car was working OK when it arrived so difficult to tell if that was the real root of the problem. That's always the problem with intermittent faults.

Even in the garage it was a tad cold, just seen -9 on the way home!

Was good to meet up anyway.

-12 here at the moment Duncan :(

I hope 'Christine' got home OK as she'd left her circlips on the garage floor :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 18:37 #45 

Bernard
Duncan wrote: That's always the problem with intermittent faults.

I know that only too well!
I spent half my working life in the pursuit of finding intermittent faults.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 18:38 #46 

Trebor
all still working fine and i have my fbh back too, so i am well pleased in this weather.

It was cold but at least inside Pauls garage not as cold as outside, although cold hands dont make for quick or easy work, hopefully the car will continue to behave itself

apparently my car has a new name of " Christine " named after a Stephen King story about a haunted car, and although the door circlips were left on Pauls garage floor i dont plan turning my car upside down anytime soon so it will be ok

a great big thanks to Duncan and Paul for giving up their time and to Pauls wife Marion for her hospitality as usual and flow of food and hot drinks througout the afternoon.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 18:53 #47 

JohnDotCom
Well done everyone, sounded fun. :D :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 19:07 #48