remote fob/alarm problem by Trebor (Page 2 of 3)

Duncan
Or maybe water / corrosion in the A pillar connector. That would tie in with the odd results we got with the window bus problem too.

Better make sure we have the kit and knowledge to lift the door off!

I'll arrange a time / day with you this evening.

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 07:57 #21 

Trebor
Ok Duncan, car still the same had to defrost the lock this morning before i could open the car with the key but started fine, no alarm issues and got to work to find that the fob was working fine again.

Getting the door off if we have to will not be a problem as used to getting them off for powerfold mods at nano meets, however i do have additional wires running through into the car which will not separate at the plug as i have the long powerfold loom, led door lights and the window bus wire to BCU (Body Control Unit) you replaced a while back.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 12:25 #22 

raistlin
Trebor wrote: however i do have additional wires running through into the car which will not separate at the plug as i have the long powerfold loom, led door lights and the window bus wire to BCU you replaced a while back.

Shouldn't be a problem in terms of room in the garage Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 15:58 #23 

Duncan
Trebor wrote: however i do have additional wires running through into the car which will not separate at the plug as i have the long powerfold loom, led door lights and the window bus wire to BCU you replaced a while back.

OK, I'll bring something so we can cut them and put a plug / socket on.

How does Sunday afternoon sound to do it?

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 16:38 #24 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:How does Sunday afternoon sound to do it?

Personally, ideal time :)

Bacon sarnies and mince pies provided :)
Paul

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 16:48 #25 

Trebor
great for me too Duncan just say a time when you know, and a big thanks again from me to you both, maybe we can have a snowball fight too !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 17:23 #26 

Trebor
Duncan/Paul - given the weather conditions today and not expected to get much better over the next 24 hours, i would not expect Duncan to even venture out so the sensible thing to do unless there is a dramatic improvement is to cancel the mini meet

There is also a development with the car as for the last 24/36 hours it has worked as normal with the fob opening and closing the doors but i cant believe it has repaired itself and it will probably reveret back as soon as i post this

The last thing i did was pull the FBH (Fuel burning heater.) fuse and although there was no instant result it does make me wonder ( i do miss it in this weather though ! ) The ultimate remote is also still fuseless at present.

One Q i have is relating to the bus on the FBH, my FBH is a retrofit and i understand that the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) will not or cannot be made to recognise it so could it be causing problems if it is T4d ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 12:36 #27 

raistlin
Not much snow here. Maybe an inch. Main roads clear. Up to you chaps though. :)
Paul

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 13:06 #28 

Trebor
Duncan has the furthest to travel so lets see his weather report when he logs on
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 13:31 #29 

Duncan
Not bad enough round here to worry about. Side roads are not nice but main roads fine. I'll come in the 4x4 anyway so less of a worry. So unless it get's much worse overnight, I'm happy to continue. However not too early to allow time for any grit to do it's stuff.

Ref the T4 and the FBH. Yes you can enable and disable it using T4. I did it for someone (turned it off) at the last nano because they had disconnected K bus. But the only thing it does is give you diagnostics. Was planning to bring the T4 anyway so we could have a play if you like.

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 13:40 #30 

Trebor
ok Duncan fingers crossed its still on then, you say a time and i will be there
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 16:20 #31 

Duncan
OK, let's say one if it suits. I'll confirm with everyone it's on in the morning in case local conditions have changed.

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 17:07 #32 

Trebor
olk Duncan will keep an eye on the thread in the morning
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 18:10 #33 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:OK, let's say one if it suits. I'll confirm with everyone it's on in the morning in case local conditions have changed.

No problem for me as I don't have to drive :)
Paul

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 19:12 #34 

raistlin
No overnight snow here. Outside temperature a balmy -12 degrees. Mince pie factory in full swing ;)
Paul

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 09:38 #35 

Trebor
morning Paul, same here no snow and - 12, just having a cuppa
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 09:44 #36 

Duncan
Morning all.

Minimum was -12.8 but warmed up to almost -10 now.

Porridge on the stove for brekkies!

See you around 1.

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 09:57 #37 

Trebor
ok guys see you there
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 09:59 #38 

Trebor
and btw - car still on its best behaviour thuis morning - fob ok
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 10:26 #39 

raistlin
Runway 30 right is snow-free and you are cleared to approach and land ;) Taxiways may still be icy and care is advised
Paul

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 10:51 #40