REFURBED SAT-NAV (Hi-Line) by JDP

JDP
Due to ingress of water my SatNav became a parasitic drain on the main batt. We hooked up SatNav again after a week, but it is still draining at approx 0.61, which means that within 36 hrs battery would be dead again. Where can I find a SatNav unit for my 2004 Rover 2.5 Tourer? I've tried online breakers yards but no luck.

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 08:08 #1 

JakeWilson
If you're replacing the Nav Drive, I'd strongly consider purchasing a later BMW unit, as they boast a greater array of features than their Rover counterparts.

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 11:09 #2 

JDP
Thanks again, Jake. Where do I start looking for such a unit. It'll have to be a used one, not new.

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 16:22 #3 

JakeWilson
A well regarded seller on ebay is called Mirritzi,

There's the BMW Mk3: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MK3-MKIII ... e13&_uhb=1

or go the whole hog and get the BMW Mk4. This gives you full 7 digit postcode search, perspective mode on the screen (like a tom-tom) and a host load more features:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-MK4-MKIV- ... 841&_uhb=1

Posted 30 Jan 2013, 20:23 #4 

JDP
Thank you, Jake. MIRRITZI is in Romania. I would have to post the unit to him in Bucharest and hope it reaches him. Too risky......

Posted 06 Feb 2013, 18:08 #5 

JakeWilson
Those links are for new units, in that he just sends you new ones.

Posted 07 Feb 2013, 00:52 #6 

JDP
Jake. No that's not so; Mirritzi said that all units for repair have to be sent to his address in Romania. But he cannot give me an approx cost of repair before he's seen the unit (of course), but he wont give his scale of repair costs either so that I might know minimum/maximum. He & I have had an email correspondence about this.

Posted 07 Feb 2013, 11:05 #7 

JakeWilson
Hi John,

Miritzi does repairs, but also sells BMW (better) spec units. The links above are for second hand BMW units that plug and play into our cars.

There are UK repair services, however I would not bother spending £150 on repairing the Rover drive, when the same amount could be spent buying a tested and warranted BMW unit, that will give yous significantly greater functionality.

Posted 07 Feb 2013, 23:39 #8