Reedswood meet by squire

squire
Trying to get a bit of a local meet going. This Saturday 7th at noon down the side of Sainsburys car park at Reedswood retail park for an hour or two. So far only 2, myself and drewsta82, was hoping to get more as there are plenty of us in Walsall/Wolverhampton area. Maybe it could become a bit of a regular meet for just socializing, not to take the place of the nano meets, that would be impossible. Future meets might be better in the evening at a suitable pub possibly.
If anyone wants to join in just let me know so there is some idea of how many, the more the merrier.
It's just an idea, any views welcome.
Thanks,
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 16:39 #1 

mi2540
Do you ever get the feeling martin that people sometimes think whats in it for me ? I do wonder as trying to start a new meet seems to be like drawing teeth at times, I hsve put up new ideas from time to time and experienced the same sort of response you seem to be getting shame we not nearer or i would come along for a car chat and a good laugh and maybe a snack somewhere

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 18:31 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Seems all the meets are a 100 miles from where I live. :(

Hope you get some interest.

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 18:55 #3 

squire
Thanks for the replies, it seems to happen in a lot of clubs, so I'm not too surprised, also have to admit that I've also been guilty of a bit of apathy! Unless a few more come I'll have to try and contact drewsta82 from the 75 and zt club who is the only other one going to say we'll try again another time as I can only spare an hour or so.
But, there's still a few more days yet!!!!
Martyn

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 20:00 #4 

raistlin
I live in Wolvo and would have been interested except that I'm on holiday in Devon at the moment. It might be a bit of short notice maybe? I know a lot of people have restrictions on their time and need to plan a fair time ahead.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 20:05 #5 

squire
Yes, fair point Paul, I realise that and agree, just trying to gauge some interest really. It all stemmed from a post "out and about" on the 75 and zt site about waving flashing headlights and so on. Just thought how can we get to know each other and cars if there are hardly any meets? I've only had my Connie a couple of years and only been to one nano and that was in my MGB, spring broke on the Connie the Saturday of the nano, was on holiday the last one. I've only got to know Steve (Arctic) and David (Monk) just of late. That's why I thought, more meets the better.
We all have other things to do and hobbies etc but we are also interested in the cars as well, regardless of which club, branch, community or forum etc you're in.
Hope to meet you at the nano.
Regards,
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 02 Sep 2013, 20:54 #6 

Trebor
Hi Martyn, i would be up for it date dependant but was returning from holiday on 7th so unable to make it and only just seen this as catching up
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 08 Sep 2013, 17:07 #7 

squire
Hi Rob, trust you had a good holiday. Anyway you didn't miss much as there were only two of us. You have obviously read my earlier posts and it is just an idea of having a few more get togethers. It may be better if it gets any interest to have any meets on weekday evenings as weekends can get busy with people doing other things. Just felt that there is enough of us in the Walsall/Wolverhampton area to perhaps make a go of it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
See you at the nano on Saturday, still not sure that I will be able to go Sunday yet.
All the best,
Martyn
Martyn

Posted 08 Sep 2013, 19:19 #8