Reckon I could get... by Mad-Monkey (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
£4k for my car?? I may be leaving the fold and moving over to mercedes :o

Its Pearl Black V6 190, 60k Miles, Mot till October and Taxed till March 11

Powerfold Mirrors
Electric Memory Seats
BMW 16:9 Widescreen Headunit with Bm54 Tuner and widescreen TV
Rover Mk3 Satnav
Blue Alcantara Interior with matching Door Cards
Blue Alcantara dash with Black Oak pieces - I also have the Black Oak Main Dash to refit if required
Full size Spare
4 good tyres, 3 of them less then 2 months old
Prins Sequential LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) System
Electric Blind
Cruise
11 Spoke Alloys - Could do with a refurb
Some service history - Including Front Cambelt done, new thermostat and waterpump (rear belts not done and are due)
Dimming Mirror
Blue lighting mods to ATC (Automatic Temperature Control) and Door switches
Two Keys
Also have a rear spoiler Mk1 version, but not fitted or painted
Orange fuel clip has been fitted

Things Wrong

2 Vis motors needed
Rear Cambelts due
Scuff to the rear bumper
Paintwork needs a tidy up

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 17:56 #1 

raistlin
Erm... on a purely pragmatic note - what happens to nano-meets and T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 18:05 #2 

Mad-Monkey
I'm keeping the T4, you'll have to have an outcast amongst the cars though! :panic: Service as normal

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 18:11 #3 

raistlin
Monk wrote:I'm keeping the T4, you'll have to have an outcast amongst the cars though! :panic: Service as normal

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess this means you won't be doing the ultimate remote mod then David?

Which Merc are you considering?
Paul

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 18:20 #4 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:I'm keeping the T4, you'll have to have an outcast amongst the cars though! :panic: Service as normal

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess this means you won't be doing the ultimate remote mod then David?

Which Merc are you considering?

Been looking at the E-Class Estate but their deals end the end of the month. So it maybe unlikely I can shift my car before then for the deposit.

If I keep it I will end up getting round to doing it! :mrgreen:

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 19:19 #5 

Duncan
David,

take a good long test drive.

I have driven a few Mercs, and although biased, I've hated every one of them. I've had A class, E class and Vaneo as hire cars and been in a few others too. I've seen a few S class as well.

In my opinion, although the top end ones can have a good powertrain and chassis, the interiors are just Crass. Everyones view is different, but be sure you do like them, and you are not just relying on reputation.

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 21:10 #6 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:David,

take a good long test drive.

I have driven a few Mercs, and although biased, I've hated every one of them. I've had A class, E class and Vaneo as hire cars and been in a few others too. I've seen a few S class as well.

In my opinion, although the top end ones can have a good powertrain and chassis, the interiors are just Crass. Everyones view is different, but be sure you do like them, and you are not just relying on reputation.

Agree with Duncan. I've still got a C Class 240 Sport Estate which is only as old as some of the 75s but is falling apart and very unreliable electrically. They lost their quality in the mid 90's and they are rather bland and uncomfortable. I think they rely on the Germans carrying their own upholstery, as it were. ;)

On the other hand, the big engined ones take some holding on the road. :o
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 22:20 #7 

JakeWilson
I find it quite alarming as to how badly Mercs rot up until about 2004 reg's

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 22:43 #8 

Patrick
A Merc? Are you planning to go mini cabbing?

Posted 11 Sep 2010, 22:45 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Too late guys have paid a deposit on an e-class estate 250CDI. I love the interior, I love the handling, I love the space, I love the power, I love the toys, I just love the car. The car is in Ireland at the moment so I will find out if I definately have it tomorrow. If I get the nod tomorrow, I will put the car up for £3k without ICE or £3.5k with. If it doesn't sell I'll just rip the ICE out to sell seperately. I love the ZT but it feels right for a change. If it goes through tomorrow then great, if not I keep the ZT. I feel I win either way. :)

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 18:26 #10 

SpongeBob
Well, best of luck with your purchase David. I've never disliked Mercs but some of their designs haven't floated my boat, the C-class though is a nice car - a design I do like :) If all goes to plan then we'll expect some pictures of your new toy! ;)

Posted 12 Sep 2010, 21:05 #11 

Bernard
Well, well! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will be sad to see you leave the ZT&75 world. :(

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 10:11 #12 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:Well, well! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will be sad to see you leave the ZT&75 world. :(

We'll let him in to meets :) Especially with his T4 :D
Paul

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 10:12 #13 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:
Bernard wrote:Well, well! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who will be sad to see you leave the ZT&75 world. :(

We'll let him in to meets :) Especially with his T4 :D

There are no equivalents to our groups and meets in the MB world, I searched long enough in a vain attempt to find a fix for my problems.
Any knowledge that does exist is Stateside with advice like 'take it to your local MB shop'.
:(

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 10:26 #14 

Mad-Monkey
Thanks Bernard, it'd nice to hear. The social/nano events are great fun, and hopefully I can hide my car in the carpark and attend :D That said I still haven't heard if I have the car so I'm still in the fold for a bit yet! ;)

I'll be keeping the T4 but it means projects will go slower with not having a car to practice on, but I could pull my finger out and get the mock up car going.

Posted 13 Sep 2010, 11:47 #15 

Mad-Monkey
Not to worry guys, they sold the car prior to me buying it! So I get my deposit back and to keep the car that little bit longer! ;) Not leaving just yet! :mrgreen:

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 11:08 #16 

JohnDotCom
Glad to hear you will still be with us with a car. ;)
Run two cars............... :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 13:21 #17 

Mad-Monkey
If I could, I would! Mercedes are looking for another car, but I doubt they'll find one as we looked round the country quite hard the weekend! My ZT will be with a while longer so long as it behaves through its 6yr service!

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 13:42 #18 

TyphoonTT
Disappointing that you missed out on the car you were after. Hopefully a better one will come along. Sad to hear you want to change, but I guess it will happen at some point to most of us. Not me though :whump: :mrgreen:

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 21:06 #19 

MrB
TyphoonTT wrote:Disappointing that you missed out on the car you were after. Hopefully a better one will come along. Sad to hear you want to change, but I guess it will happen at some point to most of us.

:iagree:

Hope you find what you're looking for
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 14 Sep 2010, 21:10 #20