Rear Demister not working on Tourer by carlpenn

carlpenn
I have noticed my Rear Demister is not working, the light comes on at teh switch, but the Window does not clear.

I have looked in the Handbook, but there are no fuses listed for the actual Demister, there are "Linked" fuses, but these work as the other items they are linked to work. I have swapped the relay to check if its that, but it appears not be the relay. I have checked the strips on the window and cannot see any breaks either.

Is there a common issue with the Demister or something I need to look at?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 19:29 #1 

Duncan
It could be a broken wire as it will flex a lot as the tailgate and window are opened.

Theres a link in one of the D pillars, left hand if I remember correctly. You could check to see if it's getting power there, and check for circuit to the window. Also, check the ground connection.

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 19:31 #2 

carlpenn
Cheers Duncan :)
Upgrades:

Posted 14 Nov 2011, 19:37 #3 

carlpenn
Just out of curiousity, where do the Wires attach to the Strips on teh rear window?

I checked the Wiring today and it seemed fine, but I noted that there was broken Glass inside the rear high level brake light, so it looks like the rear window may have been smashed and replaced at some point. I am wondering if when fitted it wasn't attached to the Heated Screen wiring, or does a replacement Glass come with the Wiring ready fitted as it looks to be a sealed unit?
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Nov 2011, 15:00 #4 

Duncan
Just had a look. The wires attach down at the sides, but as you say they must come pre-wired as you can't get to this part.

Posted 15 Nov 2011, 19:31 #5 

carlpenn
Thanks again Duncan, not sure what to do next lol. It isn't anything major, but it is a pain reversing off the Drive when its misted up.
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Nov 2011, 20:32 #6