Rear coiil springs by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Does anyone know if the epc parts disc is accurate for when a chassis number is entered, for identifying which rear springs are fitted to a car?

One of my springs is 'fractured' so I intend to replace both. I believe mine may be orange, the label under the rear seat does not appear to be in situ.

Should I replace with Rover springs or opt for a generic pair? especially as these have a reputation for breaking, (the Rover ones).

Any help would be very grateful.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 18:19 #1 

JohnDotCom
IMO none of the springs are made as they use to be and all makes are breaking with the Ford Ka worst failure on MOTs because of springs.

I would replace with genuine if you can afford to and the EPC is generally very good, but not checked it gainst springs, always check the label under rear seat swab, nuisance if someone has removed it!

Others may feel different about Patent parts, but if Rover/MG had about 10 different ones how can one do the same for all?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 18:24 #2 

Bermudan 75
Ta John,

I can't see the label, hope it did not become part of 'project drive'.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 18:43 #3 

Duncan
No, the label is there on later cars too. My 04 FL has the label.

The EPCis confusing over many things. I got the later version of rear springs as now supplied by xpart and they seem fine.

Posted 29 Aug 2011, 19:13 #4 

PaulT
Think the standards of the roads do not help springs - massive potholes, they come along, fill them and the next frost they blow out again.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Aug 2011, 10:16 #5