'Real life' and Burghley House... by Zeb

Zeb
In amidst the online maelstrom that are the forums just now, real life does actually continue... ;) So it was a real pleasure to be able to meet up with Jake in one of the more...*ahem* rural villages in Lincolnshire so we could travel down to Stamford together for the Burghley House meet. The weather was fabulous, the company good and the V6 190 running fantastically as always. A 140 mile journey there and back in total..and Jake paid half the fuel costs - much appreciated by the way! A tenner each for a great day out isn't bad! :D

Given the on / off nature of the cancelled meet and the long discussion held online as to which day it was going to be, it was perhaps rather fortuitous that, on arrival, we found Mick and Stubie already there and enjoying the sunshine. We were parked as far away from everybody else as we could manage which meant we weren't about to disturb anybody else with the revving of engines and what-not...this made it a much less public affair when Mick decided to give old Zeb a good rodding :shock: ....good job it was only the plenums really eh... :D

Moving swiftly on...nice cappucinos and such-like were to be had near to the waterpark.....with Mick opting for some girly latte thing if I remember correctly :lol: during which we discussed many things...we had a laugh, took the proverbial out of anyone and anything that came to mind and made the most of the sunshine. :D

On returning to the cars we were greeted with a fly-by by the Red Arrows and various songs being blasted out by 'Bjorn Again's' roadies as they set up for the evening's concert...all very mellow....and THEN Jake broke my internal passenger chrome door surround.. :hissyfit: ....how he did it even he doesn't know! The first thing to fall off the car since the exhaust, whilst being MOT'd :roll: Still, we did think of a few suggestions for Stubie in his quest for the answer to his LWB V6 issues....dunno if any of them'll be any use though.... :scared:

Now there has been the odd occasion when Mick and I have not seen eye to eye....principally because he is a short-arse... :lol: but life is almost as short, friends are important and its better to disagree and settle your differences than waste your life being unhappy....there is probably a moral in that somewhere... ;)

So tonight, as a storm rages outside I just want to :cheers: to the other three for making the effort and valuing each other....

Oh yes, we did talk about cars too... a bit...Mick even took some photos... :?

And after all that, it helped convince Jake to keep his CDTi ZT-T even though he is poorer than a very poor student....good on you mate! :D
P1010018.JPG
P1010001.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:11 #1 

JohnDotCom
Sounds as if a great time was had by all. :)
Sorry to have missed this but some of us have to work. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:18 #2 

DeuxGazoles
Well while you were swanning off enjoying yourselves I was still trying to grasp when & where the meet was taking place & infact I'm still not sure :confused: Has it even happened yet? :panic:
Oh never mind I've only got about another 4 weeks to go til the Lincs meet so I'll probably see you all there unless the date time & locations change :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:31 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I feel it necessary to take issue with several points within this missive.
1. Mick does not drink coffee girly or otherwise. Tea is my tipple. So yah boo sucks to you, handbag wielding tart. :nurse:
2. Red Arrows? Were we at the same meet? Or even the same day? Few bees buzzing about and some swallows strafing the the insects in the long grass. :shrug:
3. Sound check, one song in particular caught my ear and imagination. A Dr John (Mac Rebenack) number. Road crew with good taste. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
4. Short arse? The last person that called me that lost two teeth and had to have his jaw wired up. However, that was in 1966 I have mellowed somewhat since then, fortunately for you. :Tongue:

If I think of anything else............ Oh yes, revving engines. Almost PMSL when the three of you backed right off when I revved our engines up to about 5K. Did you think you might get sucked into the engine compartment and blown out the exhaust. Call me girly. :4:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:35 #4 

stubie
Zeb

A most eloquent recount of our little mini meet. Did you get the chrome trim fixed?

Stubs

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:37 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote:Well while you were swanning off enjoying yourselves I was still trying to grasp when & where the meet was taking place & infact I'm still not sure :confused: Has it even happened yet? :panic:
Oh never mind I've only got about another 4 weeks to go til the Lincs meet so I'll probably see you all there unless the date time & locations change :gmc:

You can blame Stubie for his unilateral declaration cancelling Saturdays meet, cheeky beggar. :) He's Scottish you know. :Scotland:

Catch up with you at Mid Lincs Rover Rally on the 18th. Cancellations notwithstanding. :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:40 #6 

JakeWilson
For the record I did not break Zeb's handle surround! :2: :D

Red Arrows did fly over, can't remember when though!

Great to meet both Mick & Stubbs for the first time, I am sure not the last either :D :D

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:44 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Yeah & I've even got my holidays booked either side of it so I'll see you there

Anyway I'm cattled so I'm off home :sleep:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:46 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JakeWilson wrote:For the record I did not break Zeb's handle surround! :2: :D

Motor takes after it's owner, bits dropping off all over the place. :D

JakeWilson wrote:Red Arrows did fly over, can't remember when though!

Must have been visiting the little boys room then, I always miss the best bits.

JakeWilson wrote:Great to meet both Mick & Stubbs for the first time, I am sure not the last either :D :D

Yep it was great to meet me too. :D

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 21:53 #9