Quiet night in by Duncan

Duncan
Well, more like silent?

Where is everyone?

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:09 #1 

JohnDotCom
I'm here, sort of.... ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:09 #2 

Zeb
I'm here.... :D

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:14 #3 

Cowley_MOA
I am here aswell :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:19 #4 

Rammie
So am I
Brian

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:19 #5 

Zeb
Still way more posting going on here even when it's quiet.... :cheers:

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:32 #6 

JohnDotCom
....and not even in the Mellow Suite. :D
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:34 #7 

Zeb
JohnDotCom wrote:....and not even in the Mellow Suite. :D

Methinks the membership are spreading the mellowness about now.... :)

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:36 #8 

takestock
I'm not here, i.m trying to get insurance quotes for my wife for the Seat leon I have just bought her. 1.9tdi 110bhp

51 plate. tried go compare and it came back with £538 full comp with business use ( she has a clean licence but no no claims as she is always a named driver)

So I tried the insurance company that quoted £538 direct on their own site came back at, £1030??????? how does that work

Tried direct line over a grand
Thied hastings direct over a grand

M&S were in at £602

What a nightmare :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:50 #9 

Last edited by takestock on 13 Jul 2010, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Having no no claims relief is a real pain.. M&S seem to be going up in price lately. And they didn't want to insure me with a Synergy2 fitted. . :(

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 21:57 #10 

mark_bonsai
Try Adrian Flux as we get a discount on here :D

I've been with them for a couple of years now. Currently £280 fully comp, named driver, protected NCB on a modified policy. Suits you Sir!
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 13 Jul 2010, 22:29 #11 

Duncan
Ok, so you were all there, just keeping quiet.

Like one of those nights in the pub: everyone is sitting staring at their pints.

I reckon this thread got most posts!

Anyhow, 'see' you later.

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 06:52 #12 

Rammie
takestock wrote:
What a nightmare :)

Hi, it's a minefield, I hate it when insurance is due as you know that the premium is going to rise regardless, which means you have to shop around to get a good deal. Just had to do this with the wife's Fusion, nightmare!! :panic:
Of course, I remember when your renewal arrived and the premium was reduced because you had not made any claims etc. Gosh, that seems a long time ago now! ;)

We all now have to spend vast amounts of time doing this as insurance companies seem to work on the basis that they will loose the business so there is very little loyalty these days to any of them.
In my view, they are just a necessary evil, can't tax the car without it. :confused:

Anyway, I'm sure that some of them do offer a discount on using the details from a "named driver" to apply this to their quote unfortunatley, I am damned if I can remember who it was, must be old age kicking in. Sorry :whump:
Brian

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 07:13 #13 

JohnDotCom
Also try Dave insuring it as a second car with your name on policy to,
that worked for me with a 50% introductory discount, with same company mind you as main car.
There are some companies that now allow named drivers on policies to earn NCD but not many I know.

Hope you can find a good price..
John

Posted 14 Jul 2010, 11:16 #14