Public question for Mick, Andy, John and Simon. by Zeb

Zeb
You know me....prefer to keep stuff out in the open and much prefer people being given the opportunity to respond......

Do feel free to comment on the following public exchange on the 'For sale' thread regarding separating out the types of things for sale...:

Zeb:

Mick and the other volunteers tried very hard to make just such a change.....there was no 'only' about it.....the poll was one way of illustrating the demand....Mick and the others were not allowed to implement this change...why do you think it was one of the features already in place on their forum? Because it was known people wanted it. Why was it not made here? It would take five minutes to do...another question for the directors to avoid answering.

Pete:

Incorrect. A request was made nearly 12 months ago for the For Sale section to be split and the previous moderators were against it.

We are happy to look at this again and incorporate sub forums as a trial to see if it works.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:37 #1 

James.uk
Erm, ellow Zeb, seems it might have been prudent to have asked this question before you posted your comment? :lol: ;) :stirer: :D

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:09 #2 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:Erm, ellow Zeb, seems it might have been prudent to have asked this question before you posted your comment? :lol: ;) :stirer: :D

I disagree. See first sentence of my post. :) So no, no prior warning...you should know me better James... :lol:

Personally I find a delay to a group reply perfectly reasonable....and if they reply within the next two weeks they will be WAY ahead of Pete in my experience...

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:11 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I do believe we said at the time that it may become necessary to split the forums and Christopher suggested we keep a watching brief, which we would all have agreed. One reason for not just jumping in and doing it even on a trial basis was because of the watching brief.
Without access to the old Super Mod forum to see exactly when and what was said / decided all I can say is the subject was broached on more than one occasion. The amount of work required to split the forum was daunting and although it only takes moments to set up a forum, splitting off the non appropriate threads would take a lot of time and effort, and so would policing several different for sale forums, policing just the one was quite a task in itself. However with enough requests from the membership it would have been done at some point had we the moderators not lost the heart for running the club on behalf of the directors more than 12 months ago.The fact that we continued to stick it out is a tribute to the way we all feel about the membership.

I can assure you 100% that Pete will not get caught out in lie and will have all the evidence ready to throw back if he were called so. We on the other hand have no access to anything that was said or done, from the thousands of requests for changes and adaptations we received on an almost daily basis, total recall would be little short of miraculous on any particular issue.. Consequently it is best if we make no further comment other than this was one of the first things implemented here in answer to the requests made on the owners club forum. This being the difference between being able to make a decision and act on it without having to refer to others who then refer to others. Starting from scratch also made it a simple task.

If it is such an important issue then I can only recommend that the owners club implement it as soon as practicable. I am delighted to see any innovations we instigate here being aped by others. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

If there are other forums or sub forums you feel would be useful please advise us and if they do appear to be a useful asset then we will have no hesitation in setting them up. The same goes for any other aspect of running this community, your requests, advice, offers of assistance are all gratefully received will be taken on board and acted upon as soon as we can.
There is no back burner or dusty corner where things will be left in abeyance. If we can't or don't wish to implement a request you will be told immediately and the reasons why.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:22 #4 

Zeb
Thanks Mick...your frankness is appreciated. :thumbsup:

However, you are wrong on one thing......(yes 'guests' it WAS here..it isn't now...read it did you? :o :twisted: )

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:25 #5 

James.uk
Ah sorry Zeb, I meant before you posted your comment of the other forum.. d'ohh.. :em:

Anyway I see Mick has answered the question adequately so no point in me waffling on innit. :) ----

Yep yep i seen it, i seen it! ........ (Too late Mable, I already been moved)..... :lol:
---

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 22:38 #6 

Rammie
They seem to haave had a good response to the poll anyway ;)

0.009% of the current members voted :stirer:
Brian

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 08:28 #7 

greeners
Yertiz wrote:They seem to haave had a good response to the poll anyway ;)

0.009% of the current members voted :stirer:

No need to have a poll, it's a no brainer....

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 08:41 #8 

Rammie
Oh so true!!
Brian

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 09:00 #9