proposed North Wales meet at Colwyn bay seafront. by James.uk

James.uk
This has been mooted on tother side... and is coming fast! Sunday the 26th of September -- this month in fact!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=68769

Could be our last chance for a day at the sea side before winter sets in-----

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 12:47 #1 

Zeb
James.uk wrote:This has been mooted on tother side... and is coming fast! Sunday the 26th of September -- this month in fact!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=68769

Could be our last chance for a day at the sea side before winter sets in-----

Sounds great...'course, you could all come to Skeggy... :? :shock: :D

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:39 #2 

zojosc
I'm doing Skeggy in December! Hows that for optimism?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:49 #3 

MrB
Might possibly be up for this - although it is a little close.

Diary I think should be clear and am sure the kids would love it.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 10:59 #4 

Bermudan 75
Sounds like a good idea.

My mother only lives down the Conway Valley not too far from Colwyn Bay. All I need do know is convince SWMBO this was not pre-organised.

She does still not believe me that it was pure coincidence that after taking her to Harrogate for Valentine's Day in 2009, I dropped by to see someone called Lusty Linda at the Yorks Air Museum...................fractures are fully healed now........

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 14:41 #5 

Trebor
i am in North Wales next weekend and may have a ride up to the meet with swmbo
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 Sep 2010, 06:39 #6 

James.uk
Jules is offering bribes!! He is offering a free plenum shield and .. wait for it -- a biscuit each to anyone who makes the meeting!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... 769&page=2

Sadly Frank (incense) chose to question Jules over the offer and had his offer reduced to half a shield and half a biscuit, I imagine he's now rather half hearted about coming with us... heh heh.. :lol:

One good thing about being near the Pier is that, should it rain, there is plenty of shelter available under it. :D :D :D

I'm sorry, but I don't have a post code for the Pier, but it can be seen from anywhere on Colwyn Bay sea front so as long as you find the sea front you can't miss it.. :D

Sadly JohnDotCom can't make the meet as he will be in the USA... But he did say he was sorry to have to miss the meeting.. Let's hope he has an enjoyable time over there.. :)

DO not forget folks.. Sunday I pm by the Pier for tea biccies and plenum shields.. :D :D :D

Posted 20 Sep 2010, 13:39 #7 

Last edited by James.uk on 21 Sep 2010, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
bump

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 15:43 #8 

raistlin
I've dropped hints with SWMBO but so far met with a frosty reception and comments along the lines of "Can I book you for a 'family-meet' some time before Christmas"

Still possible though :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 17:20 #9 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:I've dropped hints with SWMBO but so far met with a frosty reception and comments along the lines of "Can I book you for a 'family-meet' some time before Christmas"

Still possible though :)

I know that situation very well.

I can't understand it, no expense spared in a luxury hotel in ten days time. :confused:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 17:48 #10 

starbug2
i would like to go but it is a bad week for me driving wise - the other side of Swansea today + places 05.15 start . got a 04.45 start tomorrow to goto Yorkshire as booked in at 06.45.local Thursday but Cornwall on Friday :hissyfit: :gmc: and another very early start :sleep:

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 18:01 #11 

JohnDotCom
starbug2 wrote:i would like to go but it is a bad week for me driving wise - the other side of Swansea today + places 05.15 start . got a 04.45 start tomorrow to goto Yorkshire as booked in at 06.45.local Thursday but Cornwall on Friday :hissyfit: :gmc: and another very early start :sleep:

I know just how that feels. :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Sep 2010, 18:24 #12 

James.uk
Be a shame if some of you can't make it, maybe we can arrange another Norf Wales meet next year, that will give Jules time to save up for a bigger biscuit tin.. :) Having said that, the biscuits are, at the moment, purely hypothetical innit.. ;) :lol:

Weather at Colwyn Bay looks OK for Sunday:- http://uk.weather.com/weather/dailyDeta ... 8?dayNum=4 .. Bit chilly perhaps, but sunny and dry anyway. :D

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 17:55 #13 

James.uk
Well, I'm orf to Wales in a few minute, suns out, looks a lovverely day, got me bucket n spade, sandcastles ere I come.. Yayyyy... :D :thumbsup: :clap: :cheers: :wales:

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 10:06 #14 

starbug2
i hope it goes well , shame i won't be there :gmc:

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 12:59 #15 

MrB
starbug2 wrote:i hope it goes well , shame i won't be there :gmc:

:iagree:
Just couldn't make it in the end.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 26 Sep 2010, 16:29 #16 

James.uk
Erm.. Why was the Colwyn Bay Pics thread locked? Comments were very welcome? :confused:

Plus Frank has yet to post his pics, and I know Jules and Isabel took a few?? :confused: Can it be unlocked again please? :)

Posted 28 Sep 2010, 23:33 #17 

Mick
(Site Admin)
James.uk wrote:Erm.. Why was the Colwyn Bay Pics thread locked? Comments were very welcome? :confused:

Plus Frank has yet to post his pics, and I know Jules and Isabel took a few?? :confused: Can it be unlocked again please? :)

You must have looked at the copy in Writes ups of meets and events viewforum.php?f=46 and not your original. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1960 which is open for business. The ones in Write Ups are archived copies all in one place for posterity. :) If more pics arrive in the original They'll be copied over as well.

Posted 29 Sep 2010, 10:22 #18 

James.uk
Oooops.. Thank you Mick.. :em:

As the thread had gone from the "New posts", and didn't come up under, "Active topics" . I did, as you say, look under meets and events for it. I think. Erm or did I do a search? . :em:

Posted 29 Sep 2010, 13:27 #19