pro-silver skin? by Carlitos

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Carlitos
Any plans to change this? I've done a few of these phpbb forums in the past, they can be greatly customised and look a lot better than the standard pro-silver skins. A good old logo or header banner would be fancy too.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 11:01 #1 

SpongeBob
We're working on a fantastic style that we hope you'll all love and find easy and intuitive to navigate. It's been a work in progress whilst we got off our feet and hopefully when we've put in the finishing touches and tested it then it'll be going live. :)

All tips and pointers greatfully recieved though so please do drop me a PM with any details. :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 11:56 #2 

James.uk
Pro-silver? WhatchootalkinboutWillis!! How? where? why? Can we do it? is it contagious? How much is it? is it adults only? More input more input more input.... Please... :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:01 #3 

Carlitos
pro-silver is the name of the box standard skin/theme that comes with phpbb (the design of the forum at this time). It'll look 100 times better once they've released the new theme. It can only be implimented by the site admins so nothing you should worry yourselve with too much :)

Looking forward to see the logo myself. Also will be interesting to see if they restrict all users to one theme (if you goto your cp control panel you can select what theme you want to use - perhaps they will release several!)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:34 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Carlitos wrote:
Looking forward to see the logo myself. Also will be interesting to see if they restrict all users to one theme (if you goto your cp control panel you can select what theme you want to use - perhaps they will release several!)

One to start with, you know how much work it is to write one from the ground up, or hack one that is half way to what you want.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:47 #5 

Fred
Very much so - I just lurv pickled onions. :lol:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:41 #6 

Ragman
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 00:44 #7 

Tootall
This maybe common knowledge to some on here, but if you like the layout to have the poster details etc on the lefthand side of the screen then just change the board style to subsilver2.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:14 #8 

tammyboy
Tootall wrote:This maybe common knowledge to some on here, but if you like the layout to have the poster details etc on the lefthand side of the screen then just change the board style to subsilver2.

Cheers for that looks much better !!
Tam :Scotland:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 00:36 #9 

Tootall
No problem just glad to help somebody :mrgreen:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 17:32 #10 

Tazman3
Tootall wrote:This maybe common knowledge to some on here, but if you like the layout to have the poster details etc on the lefthand side of the screen then just change the board style to subsilver2.

yep done this much easier on the eyes for the time being :clap:
:clap:
Martin

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 12:41 #11 

Tootall
Now thats two different members i have helped now :cheers:

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 17:24 #12 

Tazman3
Tootall wrote:Now thats two different members i have helped now :cheers:

Thats good going in a couple of days...

Martin