Primrose Yellow V6 on Ebay by Bartonrover

Bartonrover
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-ROVER-75-CONNOISSEUR-AUTO-YELLOW-/220767770018?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3366c8d5a2

Interesting that when launched, Primrose was one of the least popular colours but what looks to be a very nice example indeed has currently reached £2,800 with just one day to go - I reckon that's almost a grand more than comparable "boring" colours now fetch with V6 engine. I suppose for those wanting the retro look this even beats Arran (Old English) White. Hope the lucky purchaser joins the club...

Posted 16 Apr 2011, 18:56 #1 

Duncan
I suspect it will be back at a more realistic price soon.

Something a bit odd to me about the 'private auction' and the bidding pattern. But then I am a cynic about some fleabay sellers.

Posted 16 Apr 2011, 19:16 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Seems it's already over what I would consider it's worth. However, somebody will get a nice motor.

Posted 16 Apr 2011, 19:30 #3 

Dallas
I think its just simply gorgeous :hail: love this colour, I think the light pastel colours suit the 75 very well (more of a classic look) its a shame the Wedgwood Blue is so common :rolling:

Its a bit over priced though................... :iagree:

Posted 16 Apr 2011, 20:03 #4 

Duncan
I think I like the colour, but never been quite sure.

I would like it for it's rarity, to be sure.

Posted 16 Apr 2011, 21:17 #5 

James.uk
The prob with primrose yellow is it tends to bleach in the sun if not looked after... :-|

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 01:48 #6 

Bartonrover
Dallas wrote:I think the light pastel colours suit the 75 very well (more of a classic look) its a shame the Wedgwood Blue is so common
:

They were not always so - but have tended to be owned by folk with impeccable fine taste who have loved and looked after them....

But I agree with Duncan - bidding looks a ittle unreal - unless there are two more individuals out there who have road tested it, been really impressed - and have impeccable fine taste! (Cambelts due next year?)

Posted 17 Apr 2011, 09:23 #7