Pride of Longbridge Convoy Sign Up by JakeWilson (Page 2 of 2)

JohnDotCom
For the Nano meets there is always lists on both sites, don't see a problem. :confused:

Or is this an indication that you don't want members from both Club and Community mixing? That will never happen just look at the Nanos. :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 16:28 #21 

starbug2
JohnDotCom wrote:For the Nano meets there is always lists on both sites, don't see a problem. :confused:

Or is this an indication that you don't want members from both Club and Community mixing? That will never happen just look at the Nanos. :D

I'm in both and bev so far is only on here , does that mean i can't mix with my self or bev .......... . it saddens me that the 2 sites to some, seem to be either side of the neutral zone . i have no problem with Jake and his efforts , granted some may have differing user names on the sites but not to me a problem - in some cases maybe the names need to be corrected on the sites where wrong for that site ? but unless you wish to keep it a secret that you are on both or either who cares . i don't . in the end it is about the cars and hopefully friendships we make in what ever club .
i hope that on the day there will be A convoy of 75's/ZT's and the odd ZS/MGF travelling as one under the one flag of longbridge cars etc and be a bunch of happy campers with good will to all :cheers:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 17:03 #22 

Cowley_MOA
starbug2 wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:For the Nano meets there is always lists on both sites, don't see a problem. :confused:

I'm in both and bev so far is only on here , does that mean i can't mix with my self or bev .......... . it saddens me that the 2 sites to some, seem to be either side of the neutral zone . i have no problem with Jake and his efforts , granted some may have differing user names on the sites but not to me a problem - in some cases maybe the names need to be corrected on the sites where wrong for that site ? but unless you wish to keep it a secret that you are on both or either who cares . i don't . in the end it is about the cars and hopefully friendships we make in what ever club .
i hope that on the day there will be A convoy of 75's/ZT's and the odd ZS/MGF travelling as one under the one flag of longbridge cars etc and be a bunch of happy campers with good will to all :cheers:

Very well said Stephen!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 18:16 #23 

Trebor
I am a bit behind on what has been happening here but as the original guardian of the corresponding thread on the club forum, I need to say a few things.

Firstly i am sure that Jake has acted with the best of intentions throughout this and has not set out to upset anyone from either forum, in fact he has tried to help and its a pity it seems to have backfired.

He did pm me to say that the thread on the club was a bit confusing what with some members staying over on Friday at the Bromsgrove hotel and others possibly camping at the Four Ashes on the same evening, then the convoy to POL on Saturday starting from different locations, the gathering at the Four Ashes on Saturday and the Nano meet on the Sunday with some members taking part in the entire 3 day weekend, others 2 days and the rest just one day whether that be the POl on Saturday or the Nano on Sunday - its a big event however you look at it and organisation gets more involved because of it.

Jake did pm me before he started the new club thread and i said it was ok with me especially as i am not spending as much time on the forum and thought he would be better placed as RS to keep the thread updated.

Personally I woudnt have copied forum names across from one to the other as i can see that although some members woudnt care there are some who would object to that as they see themselves with a foot in either one or the other but not both, and they are just as welcome to come to any of our nano meets as anyone else as we are all decent people with a common interest - the motors

It was much simpler when there was only one forum but we are where we are and will make the best of what we have, i think it is inevitable that some names will get duplicated if a member asks to be put on both forum lists but that doesnt really matter in the great scheme of things

I can see in hindsight that however big the event is its probably better in just one thread with the first post used to update those attending and on what day and including details of any convoy, thats how we have traditionally done it and it works fine and is clear to all, so i take some of the blame here for not sticking to that format, had i told Jake not to go ahead he woudnt have done so as thats the gentlemen he is and i hope this episode will not put him off coming to what will be a fabulous meet.

I hope this post helps to diffuse the situation, i will take a look at the posts on the forum, speak to Jake and tidy them up and I will also speak with the nano elders to let them know what is happening.

The meet guest list is already large and I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks for a cracking few days :) :unionflag: :tea: .
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 19:39 #24 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Kind of you to post that Rob, I can assure you there is no situation to diffuse on this forum, we all get along very well with each other and with most members of the Owners Club.. There is just an element of them and us portrayed by a very few members of the owners club. Rather pathetic I know but there's nothing we can do about it and neither do we wish to, we all have free choice to do as we wish.

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 19:48 #25 

starbug2
where is the meal on the Friday night ? i am a little confused . i don't mind where it is just as long as i know which place it and that i am not late for it . i know the convoy starts in Bromsgrove like last time and that is fine with me and MGBEV aka mrs starbug . i hope the weather is like last years and that this time we don't get lost as we did last time :shock: :lol: .
at the mo all am sure is bev and i hope to make the meal on the friday, we will do the convoy with who ever turns up and spend a few hours at longbridge :cheers: as to the rest at this point i am not sure but i hope we can be :cheers: :thumbsup: happy with our fellow car fans even if its a city rover :lol:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 19:53 #26 

Trebor
Stephen- afaik there is definitley a meal at the Bromsgrove hotel on the Friday night which is mentioned in the threads and everyone is welcome, there may also be something going on at the Four Ashes on the Friday but it depends how many are staying there Friday night and so far numbers are low.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 20:04 #27 

starbug2
Trebor wrote:Stephen- afaik there is definitley a meal at the Bromsgrove hotel on the Friday night which is mentioned in the threads and everyone is welcome, there may also be something going on at the Four Ashes on the Friday but it depends how many are staying there Friday night and so far numbers are low.

i thought it was but got confused with all the postings with 4 ashes etc . (I remember it well ;) but not planing to sleep in the car again :gmc: .

i am not at this point planing to do the nano meet but then i didn't at first plan to goto the last one ... i'll see what is going on and if nowt much happening who knows i may pop over :cheers: in the end it is about meeting up with folk who share a interest and even become friends or at least be on friendly terms with a wide mix of folk you may not normally meet . i like doing the convoys , they can be interesting at times :lol:

Posted 01 Apr 2011, 20:18 #28 

starbug2
now two convoys i see , oh well just as long as we all get there and find each other :panic:

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 10:08 #29 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Just bumping this, anybody expecting to be able to view it can no longer do so.
My thanks to Martin and Zeb for backing one of the Community and Owners Clubs most active members and putting post number 14 and it's composer firmly in it's place.

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 22:51 #30 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.