Premium Bumper with MG7 grille by Trebor (Page 1 of 2)

Trebor
For anyone who may be interested myself and Devilish will be fitting an MG7
grille to a premium bumper over the next few weeks and will post up some pics, this may solve the age old problem of being able to source a premium bumper but no chrome grille and will cost a lot less than the stupid money they seem to fetch on e bay when you can find a complete one.( £ 800 -£1000 ! )

One of the issues to overcome is that the MG7 grille is for an MG not a Rover so the badge recess is octagonal and there is no Rover badge currently in existence to fit.

So i have been corrsesonding with a badge manufacturer to produce one and have now received the artwork for an octagonal Rover badge which will fit the MG7 grille as below

The consensus so far is to have the image on the left with the silver outline from the image on the right which will add 50p to the cost of the badge and will make them about £10.50 each plus the setting up tooling costs of £120, these will be metal badges

Radioguy is sourcing the grilles from his contact in China and will hopefully be confirming the details in the near future, and the bare premium bumpers are nornally available on e bay for around £60.

If you want to visit the club site there is a long thread about it but what i want to know is does anyone in this community who might be interested in the project want to order a badge as I now want to have some badges made up, I need around 10 members who are willing to take a £22 punt - there is a list going on the club site with 6 names on so far so if you want to be included let me know by posting on here please.

Once the initial run of badges is done then they can be ordered for only the £10.50 or so but if those interested hold back then the tooling costs will not be covered so taking a punt now for relatively little money will help members in the future and surely a good thing

I know the mod is not for everyone and may have a limited interest but it is considered to be a sort of holy grail of mods by some, and has been niggling away for some time with no real answers
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 11:24 #1 

kandyman
Hi rob,

Please add my name to your list.

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 11:40 #2 

Trebor
kandyman wrote:Hi rob,

ok Andy no problem, community list started

Kandyman
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 19:27 #3 

kandyman
Trebor wrote:
kandyman wrote:Hi rob,

ok Andy no problem, community list started

Kandyman

Cheers Rob :thumbsup:

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 20:14 #4 

Devilish
If you think I am paying an extra 50p for the border from the badge on the right,

Er go on then
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 20:17 #5 

Duncan
Good to see members doing interesting things. Not my bag, but sure helps the Marque continue and indeed propser!

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 21:17 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Those are very smart! Well done!

Posted 23 Jan 2011, 21:54 #7 

PaulT
Would have thought that those with ZTs would be buying them to add a bit of class to their cars :mrgreen:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 13:33 #8 

JohnDotCom
I would have loved to have one of these on the front of the car,
but unfortunately I think the MK1 type badge doesn't suit the MK2 but if you did a MK2 badge as well............... ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 15:04 #9 

lesastrella
Hi, very interested in doing this mod. My Rover 75 is 04 connoisseur 2 ltr diesel. What is the cost of bumper & grill from China?
Or is Longbridge gonna be involved in production of MG 7?

Les

Posted 19 Feb 2011, 21:45 #10 

lesastrella
How & where do I get the information, regarding the Chinese premium grill? I have sourced a premium bumper @ £40 , HELP!

Les

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 12:47 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
lesastrella wrote:How & where do I get the information, regarding the Chinese premium grill? I have sourced a premium bumper @ £40 , HELP!

Les

I suggest you PM Trebor AKA Rob.

Posted 21 Feb 2011, 13:09 #12 

Devilish
lesastrella wrote:How & where do I get the information, regarding the Chinese premium grill? I have sourced a premium bumper @ £40 , HELP!

Les

You can order a MG7 chrome surround, with upper and lower grilles as one item. You can also order the 2 small side grilles from Sean at

http://www.autogpsdvds.com

Other parts are being worked on between myself and Sean,
See my threads and work in progress and forthcomming threads on the subject, including the Q&S thread on here and the owners club site.

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 03:27 #13 

Devilish
lesastrella wrote:Hi, very interested in doing this mod. My Rover 75 is 04 connoisseur 2 ltr diesel. What is the cost of bumper & grill from China?
Or is Longbridge gonna be involved in production of MG 7?
I think they are waiting until we have none left :)

Les

You can order Roewe 750 and MG7 grille parts from Sean at

http://www.autogpsdvds.com/

They are OEM as fitted to the Roewe 750 and MG7

Myself and Sean are working on the aquisition of bumpers and other bumper parts,

Posted 22 Feb 2011, 03:37 #14 

Trebor
I am now in a position to order the octagonal Rover badges for the MG7 grille which will cost members £25 each, so far only Kandyman interested fom this community and i will pm him after sending this with payment details, if anoyone else wants to be part of this first run please let me know asap

The main thread relating to this is on the club forum, link below:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... post685925
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 09:40 #15 

kandyman
Cheers for the PM Rob,

I'll sort payment out when I'm home this evening on my main PC.

Posted 07 Mar 2011, 13:38 #16 

Trebor
Thanks Andy, for JDC there may well be a Facelift badge run after this one if enough interest
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 09:39 #17 

Last edited by Trebor on 08 Mar 2011, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
Would be very interested in that Rob, thanks.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Mar 2011, 12:09 #18 

kandyman
Any news on theses ?

Posted 02 May 2011, 21:54 #19 

Trebor
promised by end of April but company been on holiday over BH weekend, i have sent an e mail which they always respond to so am hoping to get the badges within a few days, eitherv way i will update this thread when i get more news
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 03 May 2011, 11:42 #20