Premium Bumper with MG7 grille by Trebor (Page 2 of 2)

kandyman
Thanks for the update,

Gets a bit lonely over here ;)

Posted 03 May 2011, 12:05 #21 

Trebor
the badges are currently being finalised and will be posted out to me at the end of this week to arrive on Monday next, i will post up further when i get them with some pictures and give you my opinion on quality, will also post them out asap after i get them.

Hopefully Sean will come up with the other bits needed to make this a gooer
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 May 2011, 17:18 #22 

kandyman
Good news, thanks for all your work put in to this.

Posted 09 May 2011, 18:09 #23 

Trebor
got the badges today, coudnt wait to open the package and WOW !

They are superb quality, few pics below which do not do them justice, but
tomorrow I will be at Steve's to make sure they fit snugly in the grille and will take some more pictures with his camera which is better than miine.

These badges could no doubt be used for other things, the name and logo are slightly raised and as above the quality is excelllent, made from metal and quite weighty, they are different colours its just not evident from the pictures due to the light

When I know they fit they will be posted out to all who ordered within the next few days.

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 18 May 2011, 18:20 #24 

kandyman
Looking good, can't wait for mine to turn up :)

Posted 18 May 2011, 22:04 #25 

Trebor
Just been to Steve's, the badges fit fine in the MG7 grille and he was gobsmacked with the quality so alls well and a few pictures of one fitted in the grille are below.

There is a very small issue to overcome and that is the badge recess in the grille is slightly concave across the centre, whereas the badges are flat so it will need some adhesive at the top and bottom of the badge for a nice fit, this wont be seen at all.

You will notice that Steve's chrome trim is not yet fully fitted at the bottom but it does fit fine, it just needs pushing home and clips inserting at the back

I will post them out tomorrow, when you get them can you please leave your comments on this thread and I will then gauge interest for a similar run with a facelift style logo in the same shape.

I am even tempted to get some standard facelift badges made in the traditional shielld shape as these badges are much better quality than the OEM ones which have always been disappointing to me.

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 May 2011, 19:37 #26 

Trebor
Have you received your badges Andy ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 25 May 2011, 06:53 #27 

kandyman
Hi Rob,

Yes I have received both my badges and I'm very happy with them :) to good to put on the car ;)

Keep me updated if you do a mk1 of facelift badge as I would be happy to help get the ball rolling.

Thanks again for the work and time you have put in to this.

Sorry I didn't update you early

Posted 25 May 2011, 09:14 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
They look really good quality, well done lads.

Posted 25 May 2011, 13:26 #29 

Bernard
What's the state of play on the rest of the bits?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 May 2011, 18:25 #30 

Trebor
Radioguy is shipping to Steve so just waiting for them to arrive, we then need to do a test fit to see if there are any issues or bits to get before everyrone launches into it
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 25 May 2011, 21:53 #31 

Bermudan 75
Hi Rob,

Would your man be able to produce the Rover badge for the Tourer tailgate? These are prone to fade and can only be replaced by replacing the complete plinth. Would be nice if an adhesive badge could be produced that could be stuck over the existing faded one.

:cheers:
Mike

Posted 26 May 2011, 09:25 #32 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rover418275 wrote:Hi Rob,

Would your man be able to produce the Rover badge for the Tourer tailgate? These are prone to fade and can only be replaced by replacing the complete plinth. Would be nice if an adhesive badge could be produced that could be stuck over the existing faded one.

Mike

Hi Such as this below.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 May 2011, 10:59 #33 

Bermudan 75
Is that a Mk 2 badge? The Mk 1 badge is the Rover logo.

Mike

Posted 26 May 2011, 11:26 #34 

Arctic
(Trader)
Right got you Mike i think you can already get the Mk1 badge to stick on :confused: what is the size again. :confused: different sizes just peel your off and replace.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 May 2011, 11:49 #35 

Bermudan 75
I am not sure what size it is, I will go and measure it. I recall that this issue has been raised on the OC side, and was IIRC unresolved. :cheers:

Mike

Posted 26 May 2011, 13:28 #36