Premium Bumper Reproduction by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
I realise somewhat idiotically I hadn't posted up here about a project I am working on with a friend in Estonia, who has successfully managed to reproduce the original 75 V8 Premium Chrome Surround as pictured:

The current stumbling block is sourcing the black mesh panels as all bar one part are NLA accordingly to Xpart. However I am currently trying to work on sourcing an alternative.

I should be recieving two to fit to ours over the Christmas holidays. I'm waiting on a price, which will probably work out cheaper if bought as a group purchase, but just thought I'd let you all know!

Best,

Jake

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 14:10 #1 

kandyman
Nice work,

I would be interested in a chrome grill if there a exact march for the original one as it would be nice to have a spare.

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 15:52 #2 

Zeb
Black mesh panels are plastic and quite thick but when I looked at mine I realised that the usual halfords black wire mesh could easily be substituted...

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 16:55 #3 

Cowley_MOA
Jake, that’s Rain’s car isn’t it? I thought that was original MGR!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 21:39 #4 

JakeWilson
Cowley_MOA wrote:Jake, that’s Rain’s car isn’t it? I thought that was original MGR!

No that's another one of his I believe, he's got about 4 now, but his LWB IIRC has the original set up.

Pics are on the PC in the UK, otherwise I'd stick them up!

Posted 20 Nov 2011, 22:12 #5 

PaulT
Could well be interested

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 09:39 #6 

Bernard
Interested too but would want one for painting - black, of course. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 20:32 #7 

JakeWilson
Sorry for the lack of replies chaps - can provide one non chromed as seen Bernard! :-)

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 22:07 #8 

Bernard
I will PM you tomorrow, need an early night.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Nov 2011, 22:59 #9