Premium Bumper Fitted at last ! by Trebor (Page 1 of 2)

Trebor
got my premium fitted at last and a massive thanks to Steve for giving up a day of his time to help, and for letting me use the chrome surround that he had already bought and paid for.

There were lots of issues starting from a bare bumper as we had to fix on the fog mounts, fir tree clip brackets, blanking plates under the indicators, and Steve used his dremmel to cut out the slots in the bumper to fix the chrome surround to, the under tray also has some issues and we have left off the splitter for now but other than some minor adjustments i am absolutely delighted with the outcome and cant stop looking at the front of the car, we also had to raise the slam panel and crash beam before we started and of course the badge is the new bespoke hexagaonal one i had specially made

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:03 #1 

Bernard
Looks good, Rob. 8-)

Is there any news yet on the availability of the missing parts?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:10 #2 

Trebor
yes Bernard the slow boat has arrived and its all at customs waiting for clearance, the problem is unravelling the extremely large roll of red tape and filling in the 147 forms that go with it, you could probably get contraband in easier than a few bits for a 75/ZT !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:41 #3 

raistlin
That looks rather tasty mate :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:44 #4 

takestock
looks great.
The bit of plastic just above the no4 needs removing as per Devlishs' prototype to give an absolute breathtaking front :) Go on you know you have to do it :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:47 #5 

kandyman
Well done,
It's looking good :)

Not sure about the badge...... The one on the lower grill ;)

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 19:49 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob
That is A1 fantastic and it suits the car making me want to get a saloon now as well :clap: :thumbsup: are you bring the car to the next meet at Four Ashes so we can take a closer look hope so cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 22:03 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
looking good Rob. :)

Posted 12 Aug 2011, 22:36 #8 

starbug2
looks good , what next ?

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 06:32 #9 

Trebor
thanks for the kind comments, next is to just do the minor finisjing off jobs and the mod Dave mentions above and sort out my electrics once and for all ( hopefully )
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 13:21 #10 

Duncan
Arctic wrote:Hi Rob
That is A1 fantastic and it suits the car making me want to get a saloon now as well :clap: :thumbsup: are you bring the car to the next meet at Four Ashes so we can take a closer look hope so cheers Arctic.

Why a saloon, unless it's as a second 75 (or ZT I suppose)? That bumper would fit your tourer just the same.

Rob, looks the business! Well done to you and Steve for persevering. Mary just commented how much you love your car. Mind you, the last two weeks she's adopted my tourer and proclaimed it hers. How wrong she is.....

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 18:34 #11 

Mad-Monkey
Looks superb Rob! Love the badge!

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 18:38 #12 

Duncan
Trebor wrote:thanks for the kind comments, next is to just do the minor finisjing off jobs and the mod Dave mentions above and sort out my electrics once and for all ( hopefully )

Rob, I know we need to spend some time on your car and sort it. I haven't forgotten I need to spend some time on it!

We suggested a small meet to do this, but I'm not sure when I can do this right now. Rest assured, I will find a way. Absolute worst case, your car will be my number one priority at the September Nano, bar none.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 19:44 #13 

Trebor
Duncan given your circumstances lately you dont think i would bother you with my electrics, especially when Christine works fine most of the time, i never finished your car completely either as the weather was against me so hopefully at the next nano, are you camping in the Hilton again ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 19:59 #14 

Last edited by Trebor on 13 Aug 2011, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
I may bring the tent'o'van, but I may even bring the new van. Still undecided. I'd love to stay both nights but I have a lot going on even that Friday.

I know you aren't asking, but I've been promising to look at Christine since Christmas.

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 20:08 #15 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:got my premium fitted at last

Looks nice. :thumbsup:

Posted 13 Aug 2011, 22:10 #16 

stevemac
That's looking great Rob.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 07:31 #17 

JohnDotCom
Looking good Rob, when that extra bit of plastic is removed should look far better still.
Prefer to see the grill space on these all clear, regardless of which Club badges, it just looks better IMO.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 12:29 #18 

Bernard
Is there any grille behind that grey bit of plastic above the reg. plate?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 12:36 #19 

kandyman
Trebor wrote:Image

Just to compare

This is my R75 LWB

And this was my old R75

Posted 14 Aug 2011, 12:41 #20