Pre Launch 'JOP' Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Project Car by Cowley_MOA

Cowley_MOA
T262 JOP
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) 001601

Details:
Finished in Wedgwood Blue, with an Ash Grey (Black) Leather Interior.

This particular car is one of the factory registered Pre Launch vehicles, which according to a former Rover Group employee were used by company managers prior to the launch of the Rover 75 in 1999. It's Pre launch status is denoted by it's double zero VIN number, (all launch cars VIN numbers began with 1) and it's very early registration date (1/3/1999).

This particular vehicle also benefits from the very rare option of the 17'' Meteor Alloy wheels, which on their own cost an enormous £1,449!

Condition:

The body work of the car is immaculate, and really looks super; it's free from dents and scratches and is quite honestly better than most cars more than half its age! The only slight area of damaged is on the rear bumper where the bottom of it has melted- I suspect the previous blowing exhaust was left on it a little too long! However I do have access to a very good second hand bumper in the correct colour if anybody is interested.

The wheels have a few small bits of kerbing on them. However the general condition of them too is very good.

The interior, as I'm sure you can see from the photos is very good! It really does not look like it's been subjected to 96,000 miles of wear and tear. The leather is all good, as is the walnut and unusually the leather on the steering wheel.

Specification:
2.5 Litre KV6 Engine
Manual Gear Box
96,000 Miles
17'' Meteor Alloy Wheels
Ash Grey (Black) Leather Interior
Electric Heated Seats
Factory Fitted Parking Sensors
Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Message Centre IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German))
Symphony Audio System
Front Fog Lamps
Climate Control
Electric Mirrors
Heated Mirrors
Electric Windows
PAS
4 Air Bags

Problems:
Essentially she loses water / coolant from the thermostat. The water problem means that I cannot establish if there are any other problems with the car's engine, as the previous owner believed the Head Gasket had sustained some damage. I cannot verify this, I am just being honest! There are no problems with the way the engine runs though, it doesn't misfire or smoke and the inlet manifold doesn't rattle. The car was left standing by the previous owner too, so the MOT and Tax have expired. However I cannot see why it wouldn't pass another MOT.

Price:
I saved this car from being broken for spares, and intended to put it back on the road myself. However due to a recent change of circumstances on my part I no longer have the time or money to do so. I just want my money back on the car, and want to pass it on to somebody that will put her back on the road.

I am asking £450 for her.

I know I could get more for her in bits but this one needs saving!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 28 Mar 2011, 16:48 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 28 Mar 2011, 16:50 #2