pre launch car by soggy

• Related topics: (no related topics)

soggy
I do not have a 75 at present though I have had three in the past. I am after an early car and would prefer an auto with bigger engine but am not that fussy. I don't mind one with problems or damage if the price reflects it.I realise they are few and far between but i am in no hurry and the right car will find me.Any leads will be welcome.
Thanks

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 18:00 #1 

SpongeBob
I've got an early ZT - grant you it's not the 75 in terms of it being the sportier stablemate but it is a press-prepared car with extras and it's an early car with the 2.5 V6 albeit manual. Drop me a PM for more details if you wish. No worries if it's not your cup of tea though :)

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 19:48 #2 

soggy
Thanks but it does not quite tick all the boxes. I would like an Auto as i have a leg problem and i want to use it quite a lot. I have a few other prototype Rovers such as a pair of 800 Coupe prototypes and so an S or at a push a T reg 75 would fit the pattern as I would not be selling it again

Posted 22 Jul 2011, 22:33 #3 

Dave
A mate of mine is interested in a 75, and spotted a T reg 2.5 auto a few days back, for less than £600. He was put off as he read that the average mpg is 15, which sounds nonsense to me!

I don't think he's going for it, so I could find out where it is (somewhere at a dealer in Boston, Lincolnshire)

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 09:32 #4 

soggy
yes that would be of interest.
thanks

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 09:56 #5 

Dave
OK, will ask him

a) If he's going for it
b) If not, where it is!

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 12:46 #6 

Dave
I've asked him about this again, and he wants to go look at it either Monday or Tuesday next week, with me for some reason! (I am no expert!)

I'll report back as to whether he has it/if it's any good etc :)

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 09:32 #7 

Dave
We went to look at this today, and took it for a test drive :)

On the plus side, it's in good nick body-wise and would come up a treat with a good polish. It's got a real wood dash, 6-cd changer, cruise, one of those fancy dash things that tells you which door is open, nice alloys and even an electric blind! Oh, and memory drivers seat!

On the minus side, the steering wheel is well worn, ditto the drivers door trim, the drivers window switch needs replacing and one tyre is worn. Also slight tear on drivers seat

Price on the screen is £595, but when Paul (my mate) asked what the dealer's lowest price would be, he came straight back with £500. Bargain!

Paul is thinking about it, but is being put off by worry over fuel consumption and the fact that his insurance company is asking for an extra £108.. :(

He'll decide tomorrow. If the answer is no, then I'll give you the full details!

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 22:00 #8 

soggy
Thanks for keeping me in mind but one has already found me. I have just collected T82MOA with vin 001470. it is a 2.5 classic and has what looks like a genuine 46K on it. I will put some photos up later when I have taken some. I still want an earlier one as well but will have to keep looking as the survival rate for S reg cars looks a bit bleak!!

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 14:07 #9 

Dave
Well done you!

He's now decided not to have it, which seems a shame as this is based on mpg alone. I've worked out that if the best (similar) diesel he can find will cost him around twice as much, as long as fuel price differences between diesel and petrol remain about the same, and he does less than 10,000 miles a year, it'll make no difference! :)

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 14:17 #10 

Dave
If anyone else is interested it's at Lea's Garage in Boston, Lincolnshire (See here) although it's not actually showing on their website at the moment

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 17:31 #11 

Dave
Incorrect Dave!

It's here!!!!

£500 he'll take! Has to be a bargain!

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 17:33 #12 

soggy
wow. i would have gone for that if i had not already found a pre launch car. so much for so little.

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 17:40 #13 

Dave
I know! TBH, the steering wheel and driver's door trim are a bit skanky, but easily replaced. Otherwise the car is great!

Posted 28 Jul 2011, 17:43 #14 

Mad-Monkey
If I had the space I'd buy it. We have restricted off road parking now :(

Although have the belts been done?

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 11:23 #15 

Dave
Garage bloke said that he thought they'd been done, but this probably means no!

Posted 29 Jul 2011, 14:58 #16