Powerfold Worm Gears - Get them here at last by Trebor (Page 9 of 11)

Duncan
I shall certainly celebrate with you!

Posted 12 Jun 2013, 19:54 #161 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Congratulations Rob.

Posted 12 Jun 2013, 20:44 #162 

Trebor
Many thanks guys but without your contributions it would not be happening so thanks to you all
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Jun 2013, 20:59 #163 

Trebor
I am expecting the gears to be shipped to me on or around 20 July if all goes to plan and as soon as they are with me i will start the process of sending them out.

Because most of the owners who have ordered them still have to cover the postage from me to them, i will pack them up, find out the cost and pm you for the postage, and as it is paid i will pop them in the post.

I would like to send them recorded so none get lost in the post, and those of you who i will be seeing at meets can have them handed over rather than posting out.

If anyone still wants to order there is still time to do so, just post on here or send me a pm
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 15:07 #164 

Trebor
I wanted to give you all an update on the powerfold gears situation.

The gears will now be made at the beginning part of next week, and the slight delay is because the company asked me to send them urgently a working motor with good gears inside.

I have no more spares as over the long period i have been sourcing these gears from numerous companies gears have either got mislaid or in one case were broken. The only spares I now have are with Bernard who is working on making a shim for the gear for the odd occasions where the motor casing is worn (not the norm but nevertheless a solution to it is part of this project )

So my choices were to get the gears back from Bernard, dismantle the mirror on my car or source another mirror but in view of the urgency ( the company had booked a slot on the CNC machine for earlier this week ) I decided to go for option 3 and bought another mirror for £65

So I set about dismantling it and sent the motor and gears via Parcel Monkey for just under £25 who guaranteed delivery within 2-3 days. When i filled in their paperwork i put a value on the pckage of £75 for insurance purposes.

The parcel was collected by Parcelforce whose tracking system confused me because it shows delivered the following day to.............LONDON !

Parcel Force told me to contact Parcel Monkey but they have no helpline so i had to send an e mail and wait till the following day for a reply. It appears that different companies will be handling different parts of the journey and Parcelforce were only responsible for delivering to London then another company took over to ship it to Turkey, although i was not told that initially or given any other tracking number

The good news is that the parcel is in Turkey, but the bad news is that it is being held by customs who want almost £170 to release it ! ( with a value of only £75 on the item ) Apparently if i had put a value of under £20 then it would have been free but i have had to tell the company to pay the customs fee and add it to my bill when the gears are made. This has not happened with previous stuff i have sent backwards and forwards via the post office. The situation is made worse by the fact that Turkey are outside the EEC. I have allowed for the import duty and VAT when the gears come into the UK but had no idea i would be hit with this additional amount

Anyway the company are paying the fee to release the package and are expecting delivery on Monday or Tuesday next week when they wil re book time on the CNC machine and make the gears

So in summary the project is safe , you will all get your gears soon, but unfortunately in the last week it has cost me an unexpected £260 !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 12:04 #165 

Last edited by Trebor on 19 Jul 2013, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

Jürgen
How much?!?
£170 tax and import duty on £75? :shock:

Trebor wrote:So in summary the project is safe , you will all get your gears soon, but unfortunately in the last week it has cost me an unexpected £260 !

So what about the postage?
Trebor wrote:Because most of the owners who have ordered them still have to cover the postage from me to them, i will pack them up, find out the cost and pm you for the postage, and as it is paid i will pop them in the post.

We should just add our share to that to compensate for the unexpected costs.

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 13:12 #166 

raistlin
Rob,

As we discussed, I for one, won't see you absorb the whole of this cost. I feel sure that I won't be the only one either.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 14:52 #167 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 15:41 #168 

dattrike
:iagree: as well, does that make it squared? :lol: :lol:

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 18:16 #169 

Trebor
Very kind of you guys, there are almost 90 owners who have ordered gears and it would only be £2 -£3 each but i know how long it took me to get all the sets paid for so i am not getting the begging bowl out and going around everyone on this occasion.

If anyone wants to make a donation towards the additional costs above please send via paypal to: hereigoagain@sky.com but no obligation to do so.

Cheers

Rob
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 18:18 #170 

dattrike
Done, once again splendid effort Rob.

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 18:29 #171 

kandyman
Trebor wrote:Very kind of you guys, there are almost 90 owners who have ordered gears and it would only be £2 -£3 each but i know how long it took me to get all the sets paid for so i am not getting the begging bowl out and going around everyone on this occasion.

If anyone wants to make a donation towards the additional costs above please send via paypal to: hereigoagain@sky.com but no obligation to do so.

Cheers

Rob

There's a few £ on its way to you.

Thanks for the update.

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 18:58 #172 

Trebor
Many thanks guys, your contributions are much appreciated, i will keep you all posted with progress £60 donated so far
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 19:28 #173 

Trebor
£80 donated, a big thanks to those of you who have sent some of your hard earned money
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Jul 2013, 21:33 #174 

carlpenn
Just read this. What a Blow !! I will pop you a Tenner over on Thursday when I get paid Rob :)(Just bought new Springs for mine so blown my Pocket Money this Month :P )
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 20 Jul 2013, 17:48 #175 

Trebor
Many thanks to all of you who have contributed and to date the amount is £190, which will pay the extortionate Turkish customs charge !

The project has been a long time in completion if you count all the companies who looked at making the gears and said no, apart from one who said they could hand make the gears for £45 each , yes £45 each so £145 a set , so its a big result to secure a set now for just over £3 even if they do have to come from a country whose customs should be wearing masks !

When owners across forums come together like this to help a fellow owner its what we are all about so once again a big big thanks from me for your contributions so far

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Jul 2013, 18:14 #176 

Trebor
Many thanks to everyone who has donated but please STOP now as the amount is well covered and any surplus once the final bill has been paid to the company will be put to the next project

Just over 24 hours ago i was out of pocket by around £270 and thanks to the decent owners who have supported this project and put their hands in their pockets all is now back on track

Once again a massive thanks from me

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 20 Jul 2013, 21:51 #177 

Trebor
Update: the Turkish customs fees have been paid, the motor and gears will be delivered to the company on Monday or Tuesday and production of the gears will at long last begin !

Thanks again to everyone across all forums who helped me out in my hour of need

I should have the gears in about 2 weeks and will be contacting everyone on the list who has ordered some to arrange delivery, plus at the same time a comprehensive " how to " with pictures will be made available on how to change the gears in the motors.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Jul 2013, 11:34 #178 

Trebor
Production should be starting this week , I will keep you all posted via this thread
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 28 Jul 2013, 09:29 #179 

kandyman
Thanks Rob.

Posted 28 Jul 2013, 20:42 #180