Powerfold Mirror Worm Gear - Help ! by Trebor (Page 2 of 2)

Trebor
Powerfold Mirror Worm Gear Update

I have ordered and paid for a worm gear kit off E bay which is for the BMW X5 and one of the gears in the kit looks exactly the same as what we need, but alas the gear for sale is not the same as I have tried it in my own Powerfold mirror today.

It is however very close and I believe with a small adjustment it will be ok so I am in contact with the seller to see if that is possible.

I have also now tracked down the company who assembled and supplied the Rover mirrors and the company who actually made the motor assemblies and am waiting for replies from them

So all very promising and hopefully a solution is not far away
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 19:15 #21 

Last edited by Trebor on 10 Jun 2012, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

takestock
Your persistence is outstanding on this Rob
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 19:37 #22 

Trebor
its a crusade now Dave and personal !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 19:40 #23 

kandyman
Nice work Rob,

As a fellow power fold owner I would be happy to make a donation to help with your funding of this project.

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 20:01 #24 

Jürgen
I wish you success withe your inquiry Rob.:thumbsup:

Posted 10 Jun 2012, 21:08 #25 

Trebor
Update - now in touch with a company in Turkey and am very hopeful that at long last i can get these made, but fingers crossed for a short while longer
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 17 Jan 2013, 23:21 #26 

kandyman
Good work Rob.
Got my fingers crossed.

Posted 29 Jan 2013, 19:32 #27