Port Meirion by Jürgen

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Jürgen
Someone mentioned Portmeirion? :wales:

IMG_0698a.jpg

IMG_0699a.jpg

IMG_0703a.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:01 #1 

raistlin
Nice photos Jürgen :) Fond memories, I really should re-visit, it's only 100 miles from me.

I think the village really needs the benefit of clear blue sky to be seen at its best.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:11 #2 

Jürgen
Thanks Paul. I've been there last year in April. Sweet little place indeed and well worth a detour.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:15 #3 

Samarkand
Is this the place where the TV series "The Prisoner" was done? :em: :?:
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 06:25 #4 

Samarkand
Sorry, I was not aware of the discussion on the other thread (Tenby Harbour) concerning Port Meirion :em: :em:
Nice place by the way :)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 06:33 #5 

raistlin
Samarkand wrote:Is this the place where the TV series "The Prisoner" was done? :em: :?:

Yes, the external filming was done at Portmeirion :)
Paul

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 07:05 #6 

Trebor
and there is a Prisoner memorabilia shop there so dont forget to go in if you ever visit
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 11:25 #7 

raistlin
This would have been a wonderful weekend to go and have another look :)

Where do people stay if they aren't reasonably local? We stayed in a Travelodge last time which seemed extremely good value. Porthmadog, I think it was.
Paul

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 18:04 #8 

Jürgen
When I was in that area, Paul, I stayed at the Travelodge in Porthmadog, too. I noticed their new building while driving by. So I turned around and asked for the price of a room, which wasn't bad.

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 18:15 #9 

Zaphod
Bizzare thing is.. a lot of Victoria the capital of the sychelles looks a lot like port meirion, and when I was there (christmas 1982) the vast majority of the cars were Mini Mokes...

Posted 05 Jul 2013, 08:24 #10 

Mad-Monkey
Go here nearly every year! Love the place, and then theres Tremadog round the corner for rock climbing, plus a few mines for a spot of caving goodness! Plus some really nice beaches! Lovely area!

Posted 05 Jul 2013, 09:48 #11 

Borg Warner
I believe you can stay there. Last time we visited we found out they had a camera obscura which unfortunately only residents could use IIRC. Used the one in Edinburgh, Aberystwyth and in Bath?

Have to say it; I'm not a number!

www.the-prisoner-6.freeserve.co.

Gary M.

Posted 05 Jul 2013, 10:15 #12