Poppy needs a graphics card by Poppy (Page 1 of 2)

Poppy
Hiya Mick..... You do not have such a thing as a graphics card do you.....??? My comp has packed in and I am told that is the problem....? Poppy
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 22:43 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I have a couple but they are from Mac G5s won't work on your PC

Posted 05 Mar 2012, 23:08 #2 

Duncan
Poppy wrote:Hiya Mick..... You do not have such a thing as a graphics card do you.....??? My comp has packed in and I am told that is the problem....? Poppy

What kind of card do you need? There are different interfaces.

Some types of graphics cards can be fixed by 10 minutes at 190 in the oven.

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 09:39 #3 

Bermudan 75
Try pressing the graphics card firmly into it's slot, sometimes they stop working because they can work ever so slightly loose.

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 13:03 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You could try remove and reseat your existing card. Otherwise you will need to tell us what type of card you need. as Duncan says there are different interface slots.

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 13:12 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Poppy wrote:Hiya Mick..... You do not have such a thing as a graphics card do you.....??? My comp has packed in and I am told that is the problem....? Poppy

I may have a couple in the shed but what type do you need what PC do you have etc How come loads of members on the other side are using your Avatar :confused: whats all that about :roll: Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Mar 2012, 19:27 #6 

Zeb
I have a cupboard full of cards...don't ask... depends what you need...but guess you aren't that desperate 9 days after posting the thread.. :D

Posted 14 Mar 2012, 16:43 #7 

Poppy
Hiya. Sorry for the late replies..... Zeb, I have not been using any forum whatsoever....Steve, (Arctic). Unfortunately I have been banned from that site.....As for what graphics card.... err, Only what I have been told I am afraid..... In all honesty, I do not even know what one is....All I know it is a tower system.......Not much help am I....eek.
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 22:20 #8 

Duncan
It's going to be tricky to sort one out without knowing what kind.

Can you get the person who told you to tell you what kind? If they know it's the card they should be able to tell you.

Alternatively, you could find which card in your PC the monitor cable is connected to, and take a photo. The connector where it goes into the main board is the clue.

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 22:28 #9 

Poppy
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUJITSU-SIEME ... 0605676112
..a. Well, this is the link that the person sent to me when I gave him some numbers off the comp..

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 22:39 #10 

Poppy
Hiya. Seems that my link does not work..... My fault......Maybe I would be better off just throwing it down the tip......As Zeb says, I have not had it for over 9 days now anyway...lol. Maybe I can do without a computer after all......?????/ lol.

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 22:49 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Link fixed.

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 23:03 #12 

Poppy
Thank you Mick..... Not too good a technical things......;-(

Posted 15 Mar 2012, 23:12 #13 

WillyHeckaslike
Are you running XP on that, Pops?

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 00:01 #14 

Poppy
Yes, I believe that I am......

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 00:03 #15 

WillyHeckaslike
Just had a quick look for known issues and apparently some drivers can go awol after a reinstall of XP. Would that fit with when the problem presented itself?

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 00:11 #16 

James.uk
I think the Avatars are a sort of "lest we forget"... Kindly meant anyway.. :)

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 01:01 #17 

Zeb
According to this:
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupp ... n_x102.pdf

IF this is the same one, the graphics card is integral to the motherboard rather than a separate item..no mention of slots for adding in cards of any sort.. :(

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 07:07 #18 

PaulT
If there are any slots you can normally disable the on board graphics and fit a card
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 07:37 #19 

Poppy
WillyHeckaslike wrote:Just had a quick look for known issues and apparently some drivers can go awol after a reinstall of XP. Would that fit with when the problem presented itself?

Hiya Willy. No, I have not recently installed xp or anything..... Just stopped working.

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 20:49 #20