Poppy needs a graphics card by Poppy (Page 2 of 2)

Poppy
Zeb wrote:According to this:
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupp ... n_x102.pdf

IF this is the same one, the graphics card is integral to the motherboard rather than a separate item..no mention of slots for adding in cards of any sort.. :(

Hiya Zeb..... pault.........Now I am lost........So, I presume it is kaput then..... Unless I spends loads of dosh....?
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 20:52 #21 

Duncan
I found a manual, and it seems there are three PCI slots, and you can get PCI graphics cards. However there doesn't seem to be a jumper to switch off the onboard graphics if you fit a replacement.

So it might work, but then again. Perhaps time to bite the bullet?

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 20:59 #22 

Poppy
Duncan wrote:I found a manual, and it seems there are three PCI slots, and you can get PCI graphics cards. However there doesn't seem to be a jumper to switch off the onboard graphics if you fit a replacement.

So it might work, but then again. Perhaps time to bite the bullet?

Hiya Duncan..... Yes, that time is here me thinks......No good wasting money I suppose when I can put it towards another comp is there......;-)
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 21:10 #23 

WillyHeckaslike
If it's defo onboard graphics that's at fault a diy fix with a used graphics card off eBay for a fiver or less should be possible. You'll need a pci type (not pci express) and I would stick more memory in if it only has 256mb. I might have 256mb, will look and if so it's yours for free.

Posted 16 Mar 2012, 23:00 #24 

pob06
Your not banned permanently surely Poppy??? you not coming to POL etc then?. Er sorry cant help with PC issue I'm afraid (soz for highjack)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 24 Mar 2012, 16:57 #25