Polished my car today! by XJR6Rob

XJR6Rob
Although i'm still not 100% happy with the shine.

This was the first time i had the chance to give her a really good polish, i went over with met t cut first to get all the crap off, then had a coat of megs carnauba wax and then a autoglym extra gloss sealant. But what i was really hoping for was the wet look. Is there any polish on the market that's worth a try?

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 00:07 #1 

Cowley_MOA
Have you tried the Auto Glym High Def. Wax Rob?
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 03:08 #2 

DeuxGazoles
I used that new fangled clay, then AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, then AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection & this was the result

Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 07:30 #3 

XJR6Rob
Cowley_MOA wrote:Have you tried the Auto Glym High Def. Wax Rob?

Is that the £35 a tub jobby? :shock: I've been so tempted to buy some but just can justify spending that much on some car polish!
I'll ask father christmas! :lol:

DeuxGazoles wrote:I used that new fangled clay, then AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, then AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection & this was the result

I did have some super resin polish but never seemed to get on with it very well, but saying that your cars VERY shiny! 8-)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 17:08 #4 

Cowley_MOA
XJR6Rob wrote:
Cowley_MOA wrote:Have you tried the Auto Glym High Def. Wax Rob?

Is that the £35 a tub jobby? :shock: I've been so tempted to buy some but just can justify spending that much on some car polish!
I'll ask father christmas! :lol:

DeuxGazoles wrote:I used that new fangled clay, then AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, then AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection & this was the result

I did have some super resin polish but never seemed to get on with it very well, but saying that your cars VERY shiny! 8-)

Come on Rob I am tight! I paid less than £25 :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOGLYM-HIGH-DEF ... 439fddb2c2

PS Its Lewis (Rabett_Rover) BTW :D
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:37 #5 

RRobson
i use Meguiars NXT Generation TECH Wax 2.0, and find i get very good results in terms of shinyness, and it hides a lot of the swirl marks

Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:52 #6 

DeuxGazoles
XJR6Rob wrote:I did have some super resin polish but never seemed to get on with it very well, but saying that your cars VERY shiny! 8-)

The trouble with super resin is you can get a stunning shine but it only lasts a couple of weeks...................Since I found out it's a "polish" as opposed to a "wax" I have always used the EGP ontop & that's what seals the surface & finishes the shine off into a deep glossy glossyness
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 18:58 #7 

XJR6Rob
Right iv'e had enough of all these shiny cars! I'm going polish shopping this weekend! :D 8-)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:10 #8 

Cowley_MOA
XJR6Rob wrote:Right iv'e had enough of all these shiny cars! I'm going polish shopping this weekend! :D 8-)

Go on ebay mate if you know what you want. 99% of the time I find Polishes and potions cheaper than Halfrauds and similar retailers.
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:12 #9 

Chiffon Huileux

Can i resist the urge to say it.....Its a...Its...Its a lovely looking car :oops:
Anyone want to stroke my Chinese Bear?

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 19:27 #10