Photoshop editing gurus - help please. by raistlin

raistlin
Chaps,

I have about half a dozen pictures on white backgrounds which need the backgrounds changing to a specific shade of grey, an example of which I also have so presumably the particular shade can be sampled?

The final pictures must be the same file-type and size as they are to be used as icons.

Please can anybody help?

Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Apr 2013, 10:58 #1 

Mad-Monkey
To sample the grey you can use the eye dropper tool. Simply click the grey area with the tool and the colour palette will change.

To change the white it depends on the image for the best way to go about it. You can try replace colour, or select with the magic wand and paint fill with the grey. The edges may need softening in a bit with the feather function when you select with the magic wand. Depending on the size of the image this may just be a few pixels.

P.S Sorry missed your call the other day, do you need me to ring you back?

Posted 05 Apr 2013, 15:33 #2 

Dave
raistlin wrote:backgrounds which need the backgrounds changing to a specific shade of grey

I've heard that there's at least 50 shades to choose from..... :roll:

Posted 05 Apr 2013, 16:24 #3 

raistlin
Monk wrote:To sample the grey you can use the eye dropper tool. Simply click the grey area with the tool and the colour palette will change.

To change the white it depends on the image for the best way to go about it. You can try replace colour, or select with the magic wand and paint fill with the grey. The edges may need softening in a bit with the feather function when you select with the magic wand. Depending on the size of the image this may just be a few pixels.

P.S Sorry missed your call the other day, do you need me to ring you back?

PM En route :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Apr 2013, 16:41 #4 

Bermudan 75
Seemto remember this as layering in Photoshop.

Posted 05 Apr 2013, 16:56 #5