pela 6000 pump by kandyman

kandyman
Evening all,

I decided to buy a pela 6000 pump yesterday as I wanted to carry out a quick oil change,
The last couple of weeks I have done around 1,000 mile as I have been using my car while my van is off the road and on Saturday I will be off to Scotland where I will be clocking up another couple of thousand miles.

Well I must say how easy it was to use the pump to draw the oil out and it saves getting all messy taking the under tray off and then trying to catch the oil.

So if you fancy doing a quick oil change then get one of theses.

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 18:02 #1 

Tourerfogey
But you still have to get under the car to change the filter do you not?

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 18:49 #2 

Zeb
Not on a diesel you don't...:)

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 18:51 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:But you still have to get under the car to change the filter do you not?

Means you can change the oil a couple of times without the filter, eventually it will be "get out and get under". To do a proper job with filter change.

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 19:05 #4 

kandyman
Tourerfogey wrote:But you still have to get under the car to change the filter do you not?

As Mick said above,

I use to do a filter and oil change once a year but with the milage I have done and plan to do I just wanted a quick oil change.

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 19:18 #5 

Duncan
Yes, on the diesel the filter is at the top. Perfectly placed for that stray dribble of oil to wreck your alternator in less than 1000 miles.

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 19:19 #6