PCB Reverse Engineering by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
Does any one do this? It is massively expensive and I have a 2 layer PCB (Printed Circuit Board), approx 4"x5" I would like to reverse engineer to copy it. Anyone fancy some extra cash for christmas or know someone who could do it at a reasonable rate?

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 14:21 #1 

raistlin
I could ask Chris if you like David.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 15:06 #2 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:I could ask Chris if you like David.

That would be very kind, thanks Paul. Do you want me to send over a scan of the PCB for him to look at?

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 16:06 #3 

raistlin
Monk wrote:

That would be very kind, thanks Paul. Do you want me to send over a scan of the PCB for him to look at?

Let me ask him if it can be done first David.

I'm in Court on Monday so will ask on Tuesday OK?
Paul

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 16:23 #4 

James.uk
Engineered items can't usually be reversed? How does one put material back? It's one of those silly sayings dreamed up by idle office workers innit :confused:

I assume you want to redesign or modify it, but still want it to do the same thing as the original did.. innit?

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 18:50 #5 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:

Let me ask him if it can be done first David.

I'm in Court on Monday so will ask on Tuesday OK?

Thanks Paul, that would be super :)

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 19:15 #6 

Mad-Monkey
James.uk wrote:Engineered items can't usually be reversed? How does one put material back? It's one of those silly sayings dreamed up by idle office workers innit :confused:

I assume you want to redesign or modify it, but still want it to do the same thing as the original did.. innit?

Sounds better than cloned :D

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 19:15 #7 

mark_bonsai
Try FrenchMike over on "the other side". He seems to be an electronics guru, if his work in FBH (Fuel burning heater.)'s is anything to go by.
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 19:21 #8 

James.uk
Be easier to move things around on photoshop? :lol: . :gmc:

Posted 07 Nov 2010, 20:32 #9 

Mad-Monkey
Any luck Paul? A chinese company has made an offer, but not too sure how reliable they would be. :?

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 10:49 #10 

raistlin
David,

I've had a positive response from Chris.

I'll PM you the details
Paul

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 11:46 #11 

Duncan
James.uk wrote:Engineered items can't usually be reversed? How does one put material back? It's one of those silly sayings dreamed up by idle office workers innit :confused:

Nah, your getting confuzzled. Your talking about reverse manufacturing which is only easily done on film ;) .

Engineering is about finding an Ingeneous solution to a problem. So an Engineered item is something made as part of that solution.

Reverse Engineering is about taking the solution and working out how it works, usually so you can find out why it doesn't, or to nick the Ingeneous idea. Spend an awful lot of time doing this at work, and on here.......

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 18:53 #12 

SpongeBob
Duncan wrote:

Nah, your getting confuzzled. Your talking about reverse manufacturing which is only easily done on film ;) .

Engineering is about finding an Ingeneous solution to a problem. So an Engineered item is something made as part of that solution.

Reverse Engineering is about taking the solution and working out how it works, usually so you can find out why it doesn't, or to nick the Ingeneous idea. Spend an awful lot of time doing this at work, and on here.......

Has anyone successfully reverse engineered the female of the species? :lol: :gmc: I'm guessing not because I've not found a concise manual or instruction book to accompany them.... :confused: :gmc:

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 19:00 #13 

raistlin
SpongeBob wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Has anyone successfully reverse engineered the female of the species? :lol: :gmc: I'm guessing not because I've not found a concise manual or instruction book to accompany them.... :confused: :gmc:

How can you use the terms female and engineering in the same sentence Simon? :gmc:
Paul

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 19:12 #14 

SpongeBob
I never said they were "engineered" to start with. ;) Maybe I should have added it was to "find the solution to the problem"..... :gmc:

*ducks and hides for cover now!* :panic:

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 23:28 #15 

PaulT
SpongeBob wrote:I never said they were "engineered" to start with. ;) Maybe I should have added it was to "find the solution to the problem"..... :gmc:

*ducks and hides for cover now!* :panic:

There is no problem - so she tells me
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 11 Nov 2010, 07:52 #16