Parcel... erm ... FARCE by raistlin

raistlin
Following on from Duncan's courier problems, I'd like to give you a transcript of a conversation I recorded today.

The situation is that a parcel has been swallowed up in the Parcelfarce network and should have been delivered today, via their guaranteed 24 hour service. I checked their website and it was booked into their Rotherham depot yesterday evening and that's as far as their (public) tracking goes.

I know the phone number for the local (Shrewsbury) depot so at 5.00 pm I phoned them and asked if they could advise me regarding the parcel number I quoted:-

"So is this out for delivery today please?"

"Yes it was, but it won't be delivered."

"Oh? Why not please?"

"Well, there's been nine inches of snow at Wolverhampton today. Nothing's getting delivered. Nobody can get through."

"I see. Is that the whole of Wolverhampton?"

"Oh yes, all over the Black Country in fact."

"Ah, OK, only I'm not the sender, I'm the receiver. I'm sitting here in my house in Wolverhampton where the roads are perfectly clear and I can tell you that we have had no snow at all for the last four days."

A long silence follows, which I break by saying:-

"OK. Can we start again please? Where is my parcel?"

"Dunno"

"Erm... that's not helpful. It was sent yesterday and was on your 24 hour service"

Silence

"So can you give me any information about my parcel please?"

"It's not at this depot"

"So where is it please?"

"Dunno"

"Well, can you check your computer?"

"No point"

"I'm sorry? what do you mean?"

"It's switched off for the night"

"Well, your public tracking website has it in Rotherham last night"

Silence

"So is it still in Rotherham?"

"Dunno"

"You're really not giving me much help here"

Silence.

"OK, so who would know where it is please?"

"Dunno"

"Well, it won't just go away. What can be done about it please?"

"Put a f**kin' claim in"

At which point he terminated the call.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Dec 2010, 20:35 #1 

Duncan
Well, at least after the initial lie, he was honest, if useless. You seem to have that effect. ;)

I'd like to say it might be worth 'registering a complaint' but supect it won't.

I also suspect your parcel may be searched out and given special handling unfortunately. I did hear of this from someone who worked for another carrier one summer. Another employee searched out parcels from a customer who had complained. Check it thoroughly when it arrives!

Posted 07 Dec 2010, 20:47 #2 

raistlin
Any damage, whatsoever, and the sender will make a claim. It's insured for £1000 Duncan.

I do intend making a complaint but I'm having more fun posting the OP on all the fora I'm a member of ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Dec 2010, 20:56 #3 

JohnDotCom
If I don't get a name of person on phone I always ask for it before I start.
Great for putting in complaints as at that stage they havent confirmed why your phoning.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Dec 2010, 23:51 #4