Page loading fails to terminate. by Bernard

Bernard
Over the last couple of days I have noticed that any page on the Community site never terminates loading. It appears to be waiting for some or other google site.

It doesn't matter much but the rotating tell-tail in the tab is annoying.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 13:12 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
The Google ads on the left very occasionally take time or fail to load due to Googles servers being at fault. They load load last, thus not preventing the forum from fully loading but will in that event show the symptoms you are experiencing.
Having said that, there have been no problems on that level for many months. So there must be another issue with either, Java or the browser you are using on your system.
Please try another browser, just as a test and let us know whether the problem persists.

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 13:23 #2 

Bernard
Seems to be a problem only with their own browser, they can't even get their own stuff right.
I'm getting fed up with having to switch browsers for different web-sites. I cannot use FF on Tesco and Airmiles sites and they suggested Chrome etc.etc.

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 13:42 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Safari seems to be the least problematic on Mac, even so I have occasionally to resort to FF for some sites. Even though it uses the same engine.
Whatever happened to industry standards? :confused:

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 14:01 #4 

Bernard
I blame Uncle Bill. The rot set in once he got involved. After all, he dismissed the internet in early days.

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 14:15 #5 

SpongeBob
It's very annoying all these standards. As Mick says - Firefox, Safari and Chrome are the leading ones in terms of "standards". Internet Exploder is the odd one out with it's archaic interpretation of what it thinks the world wide web standards should be :(

Each browser provider has their own interpretation of how things ought to be done - even though all prescribe to the World Wide Web Consortium (a not-for-profit organisation that aims to standardise web standards). I use Safari nearly exclusively but annoyingly there is one or two websites that only run on Internet Exploder - which being a Mac user renders me unable to use them at home. :confused:

Posted 02 Aug 2011, 18:42 #6