Our problem is........ by takestock (Page 3 of 3)

chrissyboy
hi all i see my head today as the guys stripped it down to get the head skimmed.. ,last week we did a smoke test on it and it was lettin smoke through from nunber 3 cylinder to number 4 .. well the test was bang on the gaskt did indeed show signs of letting by between 3 and 4 cylinder. the gasket looked like it was the original dispite the previous owner handing me a bill for it being replaced .. ,thats why i have had so much problems with the car when i first got it ,my guys know that no work was done on it before i got it, plus they have heard bad things about the garage that was suppose to do it .. still i didnt do too bad looing after a car with head gasket trouble and making iut last as long as i did.would still be using it like that if it had not been for that smoke test ..still tomorrow they should be putting it all back together .my guys aint rover specalists or anything to b honest you dont have to be ,all you need to be is a good mechanic and be up to date ..so by the afternoon i should have my car back,running better of course i should get alot more compression when done so should be even faster .. to be honest i didnt think it would be able to run better than what it was runnig ,it was like driving a new car... :hail:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 19:12 #41 

takestock
Really pleased you got it sorted mate, nice bonus from your training as well :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 19:32 #42 

Duncan
Martin, by our very nature, we are all different people, with different backgrounds. Therefore we all express ourselves in different styles.

I don't think anyone was intending to upset, so please stick around.

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 19:40 #43 

Dallas
Martin! you bring much class to the club and I too enjoy reading your posts, you are one of many Distinguished Members here and keep up the good work. :)

The club itself! I visit both and put the word around for both clubs to many local 75 owners I meet on my day to day travels around here in Poole and Bournemouth, its surprising on how two grown men can stand around chatting in a supermarket car park these days..... :lol:

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 20:18 #44 

Chartermark
Dear all,

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks and not least James.

It's good that from a mistaken perception (mine) two people can get to know each other as we have done through our personal exchanges tonight.

So Zeb's 'Yin and Yang' are united on the ether again.

An accord to the 'seminal bonhomie' of the 'Community' - thank you all most sincerely.

(PS) If we'd have been somewhere else we'd all have been admonished by now no doubt and re=directed to 'The Grumpy Old Men's Forum!'

'moderator'
One who presides over 
calmness, composure, coolness, equanimity, fairness, judiciousness, justice, justness, mildness, moderateness, reasonableness, restraint, sedateness, temperance 

PPs Excellent but how can you practice 'temperance' with that 'Takestock' geezer about!

Posted 05 Oct 2010, 23:34 #45 

James.uk
Ellow again Martin. :)

>>>So Zeb's 'Yin and Yang' .<<<

Don't worry, I will get that Zeb for ya (us), can't have im calling us names from the Kama Sutra innit.. :shock:

Have to be a bit carefull thou coz Zeb needs very subtle handling --- :whump: :thumbsup: :lol:

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 00:35 #46 

takestock
Chartermark wrote:
PPs Excellent but how can you practice 'temperance' with that 'Takestock' geezer about!

Funny you should mention that Martin, the morning after we dropped you off we returned to the car and there in the passenger seat footwell was the opened and almost empty bolttle of plonk and next to it an almost empty glass.
Now two things, firstly I am at a loss at how I managed to stand them up and not spill them, second, I must be slipping, I left some :) :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 06:22 #47 

zojosc
Chartermark wrote:

An accord to the 'seminal bonhomie' of the 'Community'

Wot did he say? ;) Back to google to once again up my intelligance level! :mrgreen:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 08:29 #48 

Zeb
*looks forward to the 'subtle handling'....* :? :D

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 08:39 #49 

Chartermark
takestock wrote: Now two things, firstly I am at a loss at how I managed to stand them up and not spill them, second, I must be slipping, I left some :) :D

Nobel should have had you around to mix Nitro and Glycerine. I'm sure Dynamite would have been developed far quicker.

I witnessed your astonishing adroitness with the various receptacles and liquids in the front seat - pure genius!

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 13:48 #50 

Chartermark
James.uk wrote:Ellow again Martin. :)

Don't worry, I will get that Zeb for ya (us), can't have im calling us names from the Kama Sutra innit.. :shock:

Have to be a bit carefull thou coz Zeb needs very subtle handling --- :whump: :thumbsup: :lol:

Just let Dave sort him out James he's a star with dodgy compounds in tight corners ...

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 13:51 #51 

Bermudan 75
Chartermark wrote:
James.uk wrote:Ellow again Martin. :)

Just let Dave sort him out James he's a star with dodgy compounds in tight corners ...

Hi Martin,

It is nice to see you back and contributing.

Mike

Posted 06 Oct 2010, 16:02 #52 

rovernut
Yes, glad that's over...it quite upset me :em:

Chris

Posted 07 Oct 2010, 18:15 #53 

Brigus
chrissyboy wrote:hi all i see my head today as the guys stripped it down to get the head skimmed.. ,last week we did a smoke test on it and it was lettin smoke through from nunber 3 cylinder to number 4 .. well the test was bang on the gaskt did indeed show signs of letting by between 3 and 4 cylinder. the gasket looked like it was the original dispite the previous owner handing me a bill for it being replaced .. ,thats why i have had so much problems with the car when i first got it ,my guys know that no work was done on it before i got it, plus they have heard bad things about the garage that was suppose to do it .. still i didnt do too bad looing after a car with head gasket trouble and making iut last as long as i did.would still be using it like that if it had not been for that smoke test ..still tomorrow they should be putting it all back together .my guys aint rover specalists or anything to b honest you dont have to be ,all you need to be is a good mechanic and be up to date ..so by the afternoon i should have my car back,running better of course i should get alot more compression when done so should be even faster .. to be honest i didnt think it would be able to run better than what it was runnig ,it was like driving a new car... :hail:

Glad to hear of another success story, especially after your unfortunate experiences with the lorry. Your car will end up one of the best sorted yet!

Posted 09 Oct 2010, 03:02 #54 

takestock
There is still that loose nut behind the wheel to sort out :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 09 Oct 2010, 07:50 #55 

Brigus
takestock wrote:There is still that loose nut behind the wheel to sort out :D

I think my car may suffer from that known issue as well ;)

Posted 09 Oct 2010, 13:48 #56 

MrB
Brigus wrote:
takestock wrote:There is still that loose nut behind the wheel to sort out :D

I think my car may suffer from that known issue as well ;)

I know mine does :gmc:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 09 Oct 2010, 20:49 #57